Who is it for?
Our degree in Civil Engineering is a path for students to become a leader in tomorrow's complex world. City, University of London is committed to ensuring that its civil engineering graduates lead the way in technical expertise, strategic thinking, innovation and communication.
Civil engineers develop infrastructure and have a profound effect on the way people live through a consideration of function, aesthetics, economics and sustainability.
- City, University of London has been educating aspiring civil engineers for nearly 90 years. Our graduates are equipped with the skills that the profession demands and we are proud of the success they have enjoyed at the forefront of civil engineering in the UK and around the world.
- The course features a common first year across engineering disciplines to give students a superb foundation in the science and mathematics that underpins civil engineering. As they specialise in later years the course provides a strong technical background in the key subjects of structural, geotechnical and hydraulic engineering and management studies while placing a particular emphasis on innovative engineering design.
- City's strong representation at all levels of the profession underpins our close links with industry and with the sector's professional bodies. Our close collaboration with industry is reflected in our research, our approach to education and our emphasis on professional experience for all students.
- Accrediting bodies have commended the level of industry involvement in City's design projects, specialist lectures and placement opportunities. Our unique "Open Door to Industry" scheme and speed networking careers events, in particular, allow students to benefit from our central London location and develop an in-depth understanding of the profession they are intending to join.
- You can opt to transfer to MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering if your overall mark is 60% or above at the end of year two.
Our degrees are accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators as satisfying the educational base for providing a path for a Chartered Engineer (CEng). We maintain this high level of achievement to provide students with the best opportunities for their future careers.
About the School
City, University of London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for ... Read More