The programme equips students with the knowledge on how multimedia information, such as text, audio, images, video and animations, can be represented, recorded, transmitted, processed, displayed or interacted with by using computerized or electronic devices. It covers a wide range of interdisciplinary topics in electronics and computer science. Programming, signal and image processing, international networks, computer graphics and game design, and multimedia system management are just some of the technologies which you will learn about through the BEng Digital Media Technology programme. Students of digital media technology will become engineers with an understanding of hardware and software systems, and how this knowledge can be applied creatively in the media and the arts.
Studying this programme will give you:
- a fundamental understanding of electronic engineering and computer science with an emphasis on digital media technology
- great potential to aid society and improve people's quality of life
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU undergraduate programmes, will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
This programme is not available on the 2+2 route.
Why Should I Study Digital Media Technology At XJTLU?
The MSc Multimedia Telecommunications programme leading to a University of Liverpool degree is available as an extension course for the BEng Digital Media Technology programme.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate, you will:
- have a broad understanding of the hardware and software that support the digital media industries
- appreciate the way hardware and software can be used creatively within the media industries
- be able to use your knowledge and skills in the development of new and imaginative digital media projects
Modules: Year One
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Modules: Year Two
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Digital electronics
- Electronic circuits
- Electrical circuits
- Introduction to programming in Java
- Data structures
- Introduction to Databases
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Modules: Year Three
- Electronic circuits and systems
- Digital electronics
- Continuous and discrete time signals and systems
- Introduction to Networking
- Computer graphics
- Analogue and digital communications
- Microprocessor systems
- Industrial awareness and group project
- Advanced object-orientated programming
- Artificial intelligence
Modules: Year Four
- Mobile computing
- Multimedia information retrieval and technology
- Multimedia security systems
- Principles of computer games design
- Embedded computer systems
- Image processing
- Final year project
Choose one from the following:
- E-commerce technologies
- Signal processing and digital filtering
The digital media industries are growing rapidly so there is enormous demand for creative and skilled engineers in internet development, the games industry, and information systems management.
About the School
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom in 2006. ... Read More