Media technologies are changing our world. Programming, signal and image processing, international networks, computer graphics and game design, and multimedia system management are just some of the technologies which you will learn about on the BEng Digital Media Technology programme. Students of digital media technology will become engineers with an understanding of hardware and software systems and how this knowledge can be applied creatively in the media and the arts.
Studying this programme will give you:
• a fundamental understanding of electronic engineering and computer science with an emphasis on digital media technology
• great potential to aid society and improve people's quality of life.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU undergraduate programmes, will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognized degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Unique selling points of the programme
An MSc multimedia communication programme leading to a University of Liverpool degree is available as an extension course for the BEng Digital Media Technology programme.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate, you will:
• have a broad understanding of the hardware and software that support the digital media industries
• appreciate the way hardware and software can be used creatively within the media industries
• be able to use your knowledge and skills in the development of new and imaginative digital media projects.
Modules: Year One
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Modules: Year Two
• C and Java programming
• Digital electronics
• Electronic circuits, transistors, and amplifiers
• Electrical circuits
• Data structures
• Visual literacy and videography
• Algorithmic foundations and problem solving
• Human-centric computing.
Modules: Year Three
• Electronic circuits and systems
• Digital electronics
• Continuous and discrete time signals and systems
• Internet principles
• Computer graphics
• Analogue and digital communications
• Microprocessor systems
• Industrial awareness and group project
• Advanced object-orientated programming
• Artificial intelligence.
Modules: Year Four
• Mobile computing
• Multimedia information retrieval and technology
• Multimedia security systems<
• Principles of computer games design
• Embedded computer systems
• Image processing
• Final year project.
Choose one from the following:
• E-commerce technologies
• Signal processing and digital filtering.
Career prospects The digital media industries are growing rapidly so there is enormous demand for creative and skilled engineers in internet development, the games industry, and information systems management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 3, 2018