Provide a state-of-the-art programme that reflect a flexibility in changing to match the fast pace of emerging technologies employed in the construction industry, and to achieve the BUE’s and the Faculty’s key objectives to promote cultural, economic, social and technological development via capable construction engineering and management graduates, educated to the best UK academic standards, who are independent learners.
Distinctive features of the programme
The BUE Mission is to be the leading provider of high-quality UK style education in the MENA region. The University is committed to ensuring UK validation of its programmes and to ensure a student experience that is in line with UK standards. Built on top of institutional quality assurance is subject level validation and the Faculty is committed to ensuring that its UK validating partners confirm that its degree programme is in line with UK standards. An indicator of this will be the dual award of both an Egyptian BSc and a BEng from a UK university in Civil Engineering.
The Civil Engineering Department at BUE strives to provide an up-to-date technical programmes, such as this Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) programme, in order to provide a self-reliant Civil Engineer who is capable of keeping up and coping with today’s and tomorrow’s fast-changing high tech structures, construction technologies, and project management techniques. The programme offers a unique set of modules and speciality areas that allow the student to develop the necessary skills and/or background for the purpose.
Furthermore, we will be seeking accreditation of this degree programme with the Institute of Civil Engineering, the UK’s leading professional body for this programme discipline. Accredited degree programmes are the preferred and fast-track routes for those who aim to obtain the professional qualification of Chartered Engineer (CEng).
At the time of writing, and to the best of our knowledge, this combination of academic and professional accreditation makes our Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) programme in Civil Engineering Department at (BUE) quite unique in both Egypt and the surrounding region.
The Construction Engineering and Management aims to:
- Provide students with:
- a systematic understanding of the knowledge-base of Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering and Project Management;
- the ability to analyse complex issues both systematically and creatively,
- ability to make sound judgment in the absence of complete data and communicate their conclusions clearly;
- ability to be self-directed, innovative, in tackling and solving problems; and
- independent learning ability for continuing professional development.
- Offer a broad curriculum that provides state-of-the-art knowledge and practical skills in Construction Engineering and Project Management.
- Provide a learning environment that enables students of the high innate ability to reach their full potential, personally and academically, so that on graduation they are capable of and free to choose from many different careers and have the understanding, knowledge and personal maturity to make a rapid contribution to their chosen employment or research area.
- Provide a programme that meets the educational requirements of all appropriate professional institutions, both national and in the UK, for Membership / Chartered Engineer status, respectively.