Through this programme, you can take industrial examinations such as Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, Java and Enterprise Architecture certifications. All students are automatically enrolled as student members of the British Computer Society which is the chartered body responsible for establishing and maintaining technical and ethical standards in the profession.
The aims of the programme are:
- to provide you with practical experience in using current generation tools and techniques
- to familiarise you with the issues and concerns involved in high-level software management
- to equip you to deal with the demands of enterprise application development.
Applicants should have:
280 UCAS points
FROM at least two subjects studied at A-level or equivalent qualifications
PLUS GCSEs in English and mathematics at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications such as Key Skills Level 2.
• Applications from students taking Access to Higher Education courses are welcome.
- Computer Programming(30 credits)
- Systems Building; (30 credits)
- Communication Systems(15 credits)
- Computer Systems Architectures(15 credits)
- Logical Foundations(15 credits)
- Analytical Methods for Computing (15 credits)
- Systems Development Project(30 credits)
- Professionalism in the IT Industry(15 credits)
- Computer Algorithms and Modelling(15 credits)
- Database Applications Technologies(15 credits)
- Operating Systems(15 credits)
- Application and Web Development(15 credits)
- Advanced Programming (15 credits)
Optional Sandwich Year (Work Placement)
Final Year (BEng Hons)
- Individual Project on a topic chosen by the student (60 credits)
- Programming Frameworks(15 credits)
- Programming Distributed Components(15 credits)
- 30 credits of options from: Enterprise Web Software Development (15 credits), Service Oriented Web Applications (15 credits), Web Application Development (15 credits), Computing Education and Communication (30 credits)
About the School
Greenwich has scooped top spot in the London league table for student satisfaction, for the second year running. In the latest Sunday Times University Guide league table, published on 12 September, th ... Read More