IPU’s International Business programme specifically focuses on international marketing, management, and accounting. These areas of study provide [BCIS] students with an integrated understanding of fundamental and advanced business disciplines. Graduates are equipped with essential skills and knowledge to face the increasing complexity and demands of a globalized business environment.
Students receive a solid grounding in practical business concepts and principles through instruction that places equal emphasis on both theory and application. Papers investigate contemporary international business issues relevant to students from diverse cultural backgrounds who are seeking employment in international companies or in small businesses.
For students who wish to pursue a career in accountancy, IPU New Zealand offers papers fulfilling the academic requirements of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) Accounting Technician (AT) Qualification.
The International Business major includes 8 compulsory papers, 6 language and/or culture papers, 8 specialty papers and 2 electives.
- 30.511 Financial and Management Accounting (15 credits)
- 30.512 Marketing and Society (15 credits)
- 30.513 New Zealand and International Business Law (15 credits)
- 30.514 Business and Sustainability (15 credits)
- 30.515 Information Technology for Accounting (15 credits)
- 30.610 Advanced Management Accounting (15 credits)
- 30.611 The Asia Pacific Business Environment (15 credits)
- 30.612 International Marketing (15 credits)
- 30.613 Corporate and Strategic Management (15 credits)
- 30.614 Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- 30.615 International Business Internship (15 credits)
- 30.616 Business of the Environment (15 credits)
- 30.6** Auditing (15 credits)
- 30.711 Corporate and International Finance (15 credits)
- 30.712 The Management of Multinational Companies (15 credits)
- 30.713 Managerial Economics (15 credits)
- 30.714 International Business (15 credits)
- 30.715 Advanced Financial Accounting (15 credits)
- 30.716 Small Business & Entrepreneurship (15 credits)
- International Marketing
- International Trade
Program taught in: