Healthcare Management Certificate
The certificate in Healthcare Management for the BBA offers business students specialized knowledge in the healthcare industry. The requirement for a Healthcare Management Certificate for BBA is to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with the inclusion of 4 undergraduate healthcare-related courses at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. Students must achieve a grade of “C” or better in the 4 healthcare-related courses (12 semester credit hours). Courses must be taken from the following:
Three courses must be taken from the following: 9 hours
- ACCT 4334: Accounting in Healthcare
- MNGT 4331: Healthcare Management
- ACCT 3334/MNGT 3334: Healthcare Management Information Systems
- FINA 4333: Healthcare Finance
- MRKT 4335: Healthcare Marketing
- MNGT 4332: Legal Environment of Health Care
One additional course must be taken from (a) the list above or (b) the following: 3 hours
- COMM 3389: Health Communications
- PLSC 4389: Health and Human Services Policy
- PSYC 4307: Health Psychology
- PUBH 3330: Essentials of Healthcare Policy and Law
- PUBH 4300: Essentials of Epidemiology
- PUBH 4301: Essentials of Environmental Health
- SOCI 4362: Sociology of Health and Illness
How to Apply to UT Permian Basin
You should apply to UT Permian Basin as a freshman if:
- You are a U.S. citizen (or permanent resident) and have no previous college attendance
- You have attended college previously but have earned fewer than 23 semester hours of credit
Requirements for Freshmen
In addition to graduating with the recommended academic programs, applicants can also be automatically admitted to UT Permian Basin by meeting the required entrance exam and class rank criteria listed here:
Entrance Exam Requirement
|HS Graduation Class Rank||SAT||ACT|
|Top 25%||No Minimum Score||No Minimum Score|
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may still be admitted to UT Permian Basin. Every freshman class includes students who are admitted after a professional, individual review of their documents and application. Take a look at the high-school coursework for students who don’t meet the requirements listed above.
- Students should submit exam scores to qualify for scholarships. No minimum test score is required, but students must submit them to be considered.
- SAT scores taken prior to March 2016 comprise Verbal/Critical Reading and Math.
- SAT scores taken since March 2016 comprise Evidence-based Reading & Writing and Math.
- If you are a Texas student who has completed any of the following meet UTPB’s high-school unit requirements unconditionally:
- Distinguished High School Graduation Plan
- Distinguished Level of Achievement in the Texas Foundation School Program
- Hold the International Baccalaureate Diploma (or equivalent college preparatory program)
- Completed online application (via ApplyTexas.org)
- Non-refundable application fee of $40
- Official high school transcript showing grade average, class rank (or approximate), and expected date of graduation
- SAT and/or ACT scores
If you’re taking dual credit/early college course work, have an official transcript sent to UT Permian Basin.
Applying as an International Student
Review Changes Due to COVID-19:
In order to prevent delays in processing applications, UT Permian Basin is temporarily modifying the International Admission Process by moving to the evaluation of unofficial transcripts from each school attended or currently attending until further notice. Please email your unofficial documents to Admissons@utpb.edu.
TOEFL or IELTS waiver – we will accept the Duolingo exam in place of TOEFL or IELTS. You will need a minimum score of 100 on the Duolingo exam - https://englishtest.duolingo.com/.
An international student is defined as "a student who is, or will be, in the United States on a non-immigrant student visa." This specifically refers to the Student (F) and Exchange Visitor (J) Visas. International student admission requirements apply but are not limited to international students on F or J visas.
If you are a U.S Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (green card holder), or an undocumented migrant worker, please complete the U.S. Freshman, U.S. Transfer, or U.S. Graduate Application.
International Admissions Requirements:
- International Application: International Applicants should apply for admission using the ApplyTexas Application (electronic) at least six months before the anticipated enrollment date and should arrange to have test scores and academic records in the Office of Admission no later than 60 days before the enrollment date. Verification of credentials may also be required. U. T. Permian Basin will issue immigration papers (I-20 or DS2019) for student visas after all admission credentials have been received and approved for admission. For more information contact the International Student Adviser at (432) 552-2605. All international students are considered nonresident students for tuition and other purposes.
- Application Fee: Submit a Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00
About the School
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered te ... Read More