The BBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree will give you a solid understanding of supply chain and logistics management from both a South African and global perspective. This programme is presented through a blended mode of delivery, offering limited contact classes combined with open distance learning, which provides much-needed flexibility for the full-time employed individual. Students can also apply at an OLG Learning Hub for additional distance learning support.
Is this programme for me?
This degree is designed in response to this the steadily growing demand for professionals capable of executing and managing operations in the procuring, warehousing and transporting of goods.
What can graduates expect?
Upon successful completion of this qualification, a student should be able to:
- Utilise a broad but well rounded, theoretical and knowledge base of general management and economics;
- Utilise a sound and integrated theoretical and knowledge base of the logistics and supply chain discipline
- Evaluate, select and analyze appropriate information, and effectively communicate and disseminate information within the logistics and supply chain environment;
- Understand and apply relevant models, procedures, tools and techniques that are available to a logistics and supply chain manager to establish effective and efficient solutions to problems;
- Apply sound financial management principles in a logistics and supply chain environment;
- Confidently utilize quantitative approached in decision making;
- Apply sound research principles as to effectively research appropriate logistics and supply chain questions and problems; and
- Fulfil he functions and roles that a logistics and supply chain manager is normally called upon to discharge his or her duties
- Business Management 1
- Economics 1
- Logistics Management 1
- Supply Chain Management 1
- Elective: Marketing Management 2
- Elective: Procurement Management 1
- Business Research
- Business Management 2
- Economics 2
- Logistics Management 2
- Supply Chain Management 2
- Financial Management 2
- Business Management 3
- Project Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management Systems 1
- Logistics & Supply Chain Research: Theory
- Logistics & Supply Chain Research: Project
- Logistics Management 3
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with B. Degree/Exemption endorsement plus English (1st or additional) – 40% (E), Math Literacy – 60% (C), Mathematics – 40% (E)
- Senior Certificate (SC), Universities SA (HESA) exemption certificate or conditional exemption certificate plus English (1st or 2nd) SG or HG – E and Mathematics pass SG or HG
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV): At least 60% in three fundamental subjects including English plus at least 70% in three vocational subjects
- Completed OLG Higher Certificate in Logistics Management or other relevant 120 credit Higher Certificate with a minimum aggregate of 60% plus a Universities SA (HESA) exemption certificate
- Completed Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at NQF Level 6 or other relevant 360 credits Diploma plus a Universities SA (HESA) exemption certificate
- Completed National or Higher Certificate in Logistics Management or Transport Management (NQF Level 5)
This programme must be completed within a minimum of three years and a maximum of five years with no option to re-register for outstanding modules after termination of studies (end of the fifth year).
Possible career paths
- Supply Chain Management
- Clearing and Freight Forwarding