Can you turn a hotel stay into an unforgettable experience? Do you exceed your guest's expectations? And do you combine excellent service, sustainability and profit maximization? The hospitality sector is all about anticipating the guest's expectations and wishes. If you want to make a difference, this programme is perfect for you!
At NHTV Breda you can enrol for the English-taught bachelor’s programme International Hotel Management. In 3 or 4 years’ time, you will become a professional in the hospitality industry. After your graduation you will be ready to go the extra mile with your professionalism, creativity and innovative ideas.
The regular track of this programme takes 4 years. However, depending on your prior level of education, several fast tracks are available.
Each academic year consists of 2 semesters. Each semester offers a combination of language classes and courses like Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Business Law & Ethics, Management information Systems, Investigative Abilities, Operations Management and Strategic Management.
Next to that
Next to the regular programme, you get to learn what hotel management is all about in our in-house training company Sibelicious. Besides that, you will also take part in the Management Development Programme with activities that evolve around the development of personal and professional skills.
Since the International Hotel Management programme prepares you for an international career, you will have plenty opportunities to gain international experience like studytrips and a placement abroad. Moreover you will have the possibility to participate in an exchange programme.
Your career in the hospitality industry
As a manager in hospitality, you oversee the operations of an organisation that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Our graduates work all over the world, across the entire spectrum of the hospitality industry at, for instance hotels, holiday resorts, cruise companies, party caterers or conference venues.
Why study Hotel Management at NHTV Breda?
- Personalised coaching
- Experiencing all different aspects of the business via in-school training company Sibelicious
- Practice-oriented learning through close collaboration with the industry
- 85% of our graduates are (very) satisfied with this programme. 85% would recommend it to family and friends (source: HBO monitor)
- International classroom, approximately 15% international students
- You get the best out of yourself with our Management Development Programme
- Talented students may be selected to take part in the Hilton Class
- Room for creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- 3 international study trips
Every year, Elsevier Weekly publishes a supplement with a ranking of study programmes taught at universities of applied sciences based on students’ evaluations. By looking at how many study programmes record above-average scores, the scores for the universities of applied sciences are determined.
In this process, a distinction is made between large, medium-sized and specialist universities of applied sciences, for reasons of fair comparison. According to Elsevier, NHTV is the best specialist universities of applied sciences. International Hotel Management ended up with a score of 6.7 out of 10.
Admission requirements for international students
An equivalent of the Dutch diplomas of higher general secondary education (havo) or pre-university level (vwo) is generally required to enrol on a study programme at NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Please, find your level of education in the list of Non-Dutch diplomas compared with the Dutch educational system.
After having received your application, NHTV will inform you if you meet the educational requirements. If there is any doubt, NHTV will have your diploma evaluated by Nuffic (the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education) for advice.
Test of English as a foreign language
As an international applicant, you will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results to be allowed to attend an English-language programme if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you attended or are attending is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018