This Bachelor in Finance is designed for students who are keen to start a career in a wide variety of finance-related careers, including investment banking, hedge fund management, stock markets, banking and portfolio management. Graduates from this program will be confident actors at work from day one and will
be able to adapt to the constant changes in the world of finance.
Over the course of this program you will:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management strategies and understand insurance policies. Be able to perform a technical analysis.
- Be familiar with hedge fund analysis and management.
- Explore executive financial statement analysis.
The program requires the successful completion of 180 credits (which represent, 1800 contact hours plus a total of 3600 study hours). The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Bachelor’s, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: General Education (45 ECTS), Core Courses (72 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (36 ECTS) and the Bachelor Thesis (12 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- Investment Psychology
- Financial Instruments - Stock markets
- Banking Management Tools
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insurance Agent
- Loan Officer
- Real Estate Officer
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Corporate Accountant
- Stock Broker
- Securities Trader
- International Baccalaureate – minimum 30 points or 3 A-levels or High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Official English exam results - minimum IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 66
If an official English exam certificate is not available we will consider proof of previous study in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Complete the online application form and upload the following documentation:
- Photocopy of all required academic diplomas and academic certificates obtained.
- One passport photo.
- Photocopy of valid passport/national identity card or permit.
- Introduction letter giving reasons for wishing to study on the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable).
- A 400-600 word essay. (Please refer to the application form for details).
- Reference letters. Minimum of 1 reference letter, maximum 2.
- 150 Euro payment for the Application Fee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2017