The facility department is the driving force behind an organisation. Well-organised facility management can make the difference and add value to the company. That is why nowadays the facility manager is a business partner on a strategic level.
At NHTV Breda you can enrol for the English-taught bachelor’s programme International Facility Management. In 3 or 4 years’ time, you will become a professional in the international facility industry. After your graduation, you are a team player who ensures that clients and visitors feel comfortable and your team feel welcome and productive.
The regular track of this programme takes 4 years. However, depending on your prior level of education, several fast tracks are available.
Each academic year consists of 2 semesters. Each semester offers a combination of language classes and courses like Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Business Law & Ethics, Management information Systems, Investigative Abilities, Operations Management and Strategic Management.
Next to that
Next to the regular programme, you get to learn what facility management is all about in our in-house training company Sibelicious. Besides that, you will also take part in the Management Development Programme with activities that evolve around the development of personal and professional skills.
Since the International Facility Management programme prepares you for an international career, you will have plenty opportunities to gain international experience like studytrips and a placement abroad. Moreover you will have the possibility to participate in an exchange programme.
Your career in the facility industry
Today’s facility manager is transforming more and more into a strategic advisor to corporate management; he/she monitors the beating heart of an organisation. Our graduates work across the entire spectrum of the facility management industry at, for instance:
- event planning agencies
- catering, cleaning and security organisations
- real estate owners
After your graduation in Breda, you as a Facility Manager are a team player who ensures that guests feel comfortable and staff can perform well in their work.
Why study facility management at NHTV Breda
- Personalised coaching
- Experiencing all different aspects of the business via in-school training company Sibelicious
- Practice-oriented learning through close collaboration with the industry
- 85% of our graduates are (very) satisfied with this programme. 83% would recommend it to family and friends (source: HBO monitor)
- International classroom, approximately 15% international students
- You get the best out of yourself with our Management Development Programme
- Room for creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- 3 international study trips
Every year, Elsevier Weekly publishes a supplement with a ranking of study programmes taught at universities of applied sciences based on students’ evaluations. By looking at how many study programmes record above-average scores, the scores for the universities of applied sciences are determined.
In this process, a distinction is made between large, medium-sized and specialist universities of applied sciences, for reasons of fair comparison. According to Elsevier, NHTV is the best specialist universities of applied sciences. International Facility Management ended up first again in its category.
Keuzegids 2018 ranked the International Facility Management programme 1st in its own category (with a score of 6.8 out of 10).
Admission requirements for international students
An equivalent of the Dutch diplomas of higher general secondary education (havo) or pre-university level (vwo) is generally required to enrol on a study programme at NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences.
After having received your application, NHTV will inform you if you meet the educational requirements. If there is any doubt, NHTV will have your diploma evaluated by Nuffic (the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education) for advice.
Test of English as a foreign language
As an international applicant, you will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results to be allowed to attend an English-language programme if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you attended or are attending is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018