One way in which organizations can build and sustain competitiveness is to focus on applying best practice methods to the management of its human resources and people talent. Organizational success depends upon developing appropriate methods of recruitment and selection, motivation, reward, training and development, discipline, performance management, and career progression. Today, companies must put a lot of effort and energy into setting up strong and effective HRM practices in order to avoid various issues of HRM nature. It is for these reasons that HRM today is considered a key qualification in the UAE and beyond. In a recent survey of top job-hiring agencies, Human Resource related jobs are in very high demand and will keep increasing as Dubai gears towards the Expo 2020. Thus, recognizing the market need for skilled HRM graduates coupled with the evidenced willingness of potential students to engage in an HRM course, Al Falah University offers this new Major in the Business Administration program.
- Develop an understanding of interdisciplinary concepts and theories related to the broad area of business administration and specifically to Finance and Banking by engaging in analytical and critical thinking in the decision-making process.
- Apply functional area concepts, theories, and models to practice by analytically engaging with the core areas of Finance and Banking.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a range of audiences about business information both verbally and in writing.
- Become active learners by taking a proactive role in identifying optimal alternatives in order to effectively contribute to the decision-making process within modern work-place environments.
- Become responsible learners by exhibiting the ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical issues and an awareness of the importance of socially responsible practices in global business environments.
Program Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this program, students will learn and be able to demonstrate:
- PLO1: A broad and coherent body of knowledge of contemporary economic, socio-political, cultural and technological issues in local and /or global environments.
- PLO2: Critical understanding of theories and practices in various business disciplines such as accounting, economics, law, strategy, marketing, and management in both local and global contexts.
- PLO3: In-depth knowledge and understanding of current and new research, methodologies and methods of inquiry, and problem-solving abilities in their core field of study and that of Human Resource Management.
- PLO4: In-depth understanding of managing the various aspects and processes of human resource management such as planning, recruiting, assessing, and training staff.
- PLO5: Critical understanding of human resource management policies, regulations, and practices in local and international contexts and the impact of these on various stakeholders.
- PLO6: Apply principles, concepts, theories, and models where appropriate with a view to assessing, evaluating and/or improving business policies and practices generally and in the area of Human Resource Management specifically.
- PLO7: Analyze critically texts, data, assumptions, and concepts.
- PLO8: Identify problems and propose solutions and recommendations based on the appropriate use of analytical tools.
- PLO9: Clear, concise and correct communication skills in written, spoken, and visual forms that explain and critique complex matters to various audiences.
Aspects of Competence
Autonomy and Responsibility
- PLO10: Working creatively and/or effectively independently as well as part of a team by taking into consideration varying socio-cultural norms and relationships.
- PLO11: Achieve autonomy in planning and managing the learning process.
- Role in Context
- PLO12: Assess, supervise and manage the achievements and outcomes of others and/or self in various projects.
- PLO13: Accept responsibility, both at an individual and group level, for managing a range of complex and dynamic situations.
- PLO14: Reflect on experiences gained in different contexts in order to engage in continuous personal development.
- PLO15: Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues and the growing importance of socially responsible practices in a global business environment.
About the School
Al Falah University is located in the heart of the Emirate of Dubai and is determined to become one of the nation's leading institutions of higher education. Our University offers a teaching and learn ... Read More