- Duration (years): 4
- Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Level of Qualification: 1st Cycle (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Mode of Study: Full-time and Part-time are both possible.
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 240
Profile of the Programme
- Gain expertise in Business Administration and in one of the following concentrations: Energy Oil and Gas Management; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Finance and Economics; Human Resource Management; Information Systems and Social Media; Management; Marketing Communications; Public Administration; and Real Estate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business processes and an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of doing business in a global environment.
- Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyse problems and utilize modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decision-making in organisations.
- Develop leadership and organisational skills towards communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication and develop teamwork skills.
Specific Concentration Objectives:
- Gain a systematic understanding of real estate-related problems, methods and tools for analysing and evaluating the real estate and property industry.
- Develop an understanding of the planning policy and implementation process, and acquaintance with the legal and taxation aspects of the real estate industry.
- Apply tools to determine market trends and values in the real estate industry.
Real Estate Investment firm, Real Estate Equity firm, Estate Manager, Property Valuation Manager and Consultant, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Agent, Development and Construction Industry, Appraiser, Investment and Banking Sector.
Access to Further Studies
Upon graduation, students may have direct access to further postgraduate (MBA, MSc, MA, MRes, MPhil and Ph.D.) studies.
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment.
Continuous assessment can include amongst others, midterms, projects, and class participation. Letter grades below are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required.
Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
By the end of the programme the graduates will be able to:
- Manage issues related to an organisational environment and apply conceptual principles, methods and tools to solve business-related problems.
- Identify the increasingly complex nature of global business and economy and its impact on the management and growth of an organisation.
- Streamline business processes and procedures to meet challenges and excel under intense competition.
- Adopt an ethical approach in the management of corporate practices to address and resolve heightened pressure from government bodies and international fora.
- Critically assess collected data, analyse and interpret findings to make informed decisions.
- Identify and use suitable research and business simulation tools.
- Utilise skills that are required in negotiation and conflict resolution for re-enforcing value added collaborations
- Describe and analyse the real estate industry, understand the legal side of the industry, differentiate between the various methods of acquisition and transfer of real property, forms of ownership, and demonstrate proficiency in the basic principles of real estate development, management and marketing.
- Explain the tax implications (advantages and liabilities) that apply to the ownership, use and transfer of real estate and be able to explain these taxes to clients.
- Distinguish between real estate and other types of investments, and identify the advantages and disadvantages of different real estate investments, and evaluate data from appraisal sources to determine market trends and values.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 14, 2018