- Duration (years): 4
- Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration
- Level of Qualification: Bachelor Degree (1st Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Mode of Study: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 240
Profile of the Programme
- Gain expertise in Business Administration and in one of the following concentrations: Energy Oil and Gas Management; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Finance and Economics; Human Resource Management; Information Systems and Social Media; Management; Marketing Communications; Public Administration; and Real Estate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business processes and an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of doing business in a global environment.
- Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyze problems and utilize modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decision-making in organizations.
- Develop leadership and organizational skills toward communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication and develop teamwork skills.
Specific Concentration Objectives
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Gain the skills and competencies necessary to become a creative and to an innovative entrepreneur
- Apply the business plan development process in order to design and implement an innovative product/service
- To apply management concepts specific to entrepreneurial and small businesses and utilize state of the art technology tools to support them
- Engage with case material in a stimulating learning environment
Entrepreneur, R&D officer, incubator advisor, executive consultant/business developer, business development manager, marketing and sales manager, venture capital/investment fund advisor.
Access to Further Studies
Upon graduation, students may have direct access to further postgraduate (MBA, MSc, MA, MRes, MPhil, and PhD) studies.
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
By the end of the programme the graduates will be able to:
- Manage issues related to an organizational environment and apply conceptual principles, methods, and tools to solve business-related problems
- Identify the increasingly complex nature of global business and economy and its impact on the management and growth of an organization
- Streamline business processes and procedures to meet challenges and excel under intense competition
- Adopt an ethical approach to the management of corporate practices to address and resolve to heighten pressure from government bodies and International fora.
- Critically asses collected data, analyze and interpret findings to make informed decisions.
- Identify and use suitable research and business simulation tools
- Utilise skills that are required in negotiation and conflict resolution for re-enforcing value added collaborations (Specific Concentrations)
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Develop skills to become a creative and innovative entrepreneur and apply technology to form an attractive innovative product/service.
- Effectively apply management concepts specific to entrepreneurial and small businesses in domestic and global environments.
- Understand the evolution of the concepts and increasing importance and contributions of CSR and Social Entrepreneurship.
Program taught in: