BBA in Accounting
General Education Pre-Business Requirements
- ENG 100 Composition I (3), ENG 100T Composition with Tutorial (3), ESL 100 Composition/Non-native Speakers (3), or ESL 100T Composition/Non-nativeTutorial (3), with a "C" or better
G3. Quantitative Reasoning
- One MATH course numbered 125 or higher, with "C" or better
- QBA 260 Business Statistics (3), with "C" or better
G6. Social Sciences
- One class from ANTH, PSY, or SOC with "C" or better
Note: All remaining General Education Requirements must also be met.
Pre Business Core Requirements
Each Pre-Business core course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- ACC 201 Intro to Financial Accounting (3)
- ACC 202 Intro to Managerial Accounting (3)
- BUS 240 Business Law (3)
- BUS 290 Critical Thinking (3)
- COM 251 Public Speaking (3)
- ECON 130 Intro To Microeconomics (3)
- ECON 131 Intro To Macroeconomics (3)
- ECON 300 Inter Macroecon Theory (3)
- ECON 340 Money & Banking (3)
- ENG 209 Writing for Business (3) or ENG 287 Introduction to Rhetoric (3)
Professional Business Core Requirements
Each Business core course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- MGT 300 Mgt, Orgs & Human Behavior (3)
- MGT 333 International Business Mgt (3)
- MKT 310 Princ of Marketing (3)
- FIN 320 Prin Bus Finance (3)
- QBA 300 Operations Management (3)
- QBA 362 Mgt Information Systems (3)
- MGT 423 Business & Society (3)
- MGT 490 Strategic Mgt (3)
Accounting Major Requirements
18 semester hours; each course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
The BBA in Accounting requires the successful completion of all core requirements for the BBA degree. Eighteen semester hours in Accounting must be earned in courses at the 300- or 400-level, in place of the 18 semester hours in business electives at the 300- or 400-level required as part of the BBA in General Business degree.
1.Accounting Core: 12 semester hours as follows:
- ACC 350 Intermediate Acc I (3)
- ACC 351 Intermediate Acc II (3)
- ACC 352 Individual & Business Taxation (3)
- ACC 454 Auditing (3)
2.Accounting Electives: 6 semester hours from the following:
- ACC 353 Cost Accounting (3)
- ACC 354 Business Software (3)
- ACC 355 Advanced Topics in Taxation (3)
- ACC 358 Governmental Accounting (3)
- ACC 400 Internship in Accounting (3)
- ACC 450 Advanced Accounting (3)
- ACC 455 IT Audit (3)
- ACC 456 Advanced Auditing (3)
- ACC 494 Special Topics in Subject Matter (To Be Arranged) (Varies with Topic)
Total Semester Hours Required for the B.B.A. in Accounting
121 credits required.
- The State of Hawaiʻi requires 150 semester hours of college to obtain a permit to practice as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Additional semester hours in business earned past the 121 semester hours required for the B.B.A. with Major in Accounting degree will apply towards this requirement.
- Residence Requirement: B.B.A. candidates must complete at least 24 of the credits used to satisfy upper-division Business core, Accounting core, and Business or Accounting elective requirements while in residence at UH Hilo.
Program taught in: