- BBA in Accounting
- MBA, Accounting Major
- Accelerated 3+2 program
- Certificate in Accounting
Who Would be Interested in Accounting?
Answer these questions:
- Can you work with numbers and understand what they are trying to tell you?
- Are you technologically savvy?
- Are you good at strategic planning/decision making?
- Do you enjoy interacting with different types of people because it's interesting and challenging?
- Are you good at both one-on-one and group interactions, and enjoy sharing information with others?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you have what it takes to be a CPA.
All EKU School of Business degree programs, including Accounting, are accredited by AACSB International. Most of our students work as an intern or have part-time co-op opportunities. Students get to put into practive what they learn though EKU's Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) service-learning project.
Rewarding Career Opportunities
As one of the most respected and trusted professions, Accounting prepares students for careers in:
- Public accounting
- Government organizations
The accounting degree opens the door to many career possibilities, including:
- CPA working in local, national, and international CPA firms
- Accountant or auditor for federal, state, and local government
- Accountant, auditor, or financial officer for small to large corporations, and many others
From the smallest start-ups to large corporations, everyone who keeps financial records or pays taxes requires the skills of a CPA. The CPA credential means high ethical standards and valuable skills. Employers are willing to pay for those qualities. Average salaries for college graduates in public and private accounting range from $37,000 to $92,250, depending on experience and the type and size of the firm.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program
Students may select Accounting upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Assistant Controller, Tempur-Pedic North America
- Federal Tax Associate, KPMG LLP
- Accountant, Blue Grass Army Depot
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
A number of scholarships are available. The number and amount varies each year. Last year, 9 scholarships were awarded, each for $1,000. For more on scholarships, go to accounting.eku.edu or email the Department Chair.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 25, 2017