An International Double Degree Program in collaboration between Silpakorn University and Vatel International School, France
A Double Degree program with Institute Vatel, France, considered to be one of the best Hospitality training schools in Europe. Vatel’s international curriculum allows students to develop theoretical and practical based knowledge including conducting internships in France and other international locations, whilst the Marco Polo scheme gives students the chance to study at other Vatel schools for one semester.
Vatel, International Business School for Hotel & Tourism Management, has been in existence for over 25 years, training middle managers as well as senior executives in the hotel management and tourism industry. Vatel is internationally renowned with over 20 schools spread over four continents, Vatel is today one of the most prestigious institution’s specializing in higher level hotel and tourism management education. In fact, Vatel Hotel Business School recently was awarded the Worldwide Hospitality Award, in the category of "Best Training Program" and ranks 1st amongst the Top Hotel Schools across Europe (source IFOP 2007).
- A four-year international double degree program, which gives students the opportunity to develop a career in the ever-expanding and competitive hospitality industry.
- Methodology offers a balance between academic classes and professional training.
- International Internships provide real-life operational training in hotels in France, USA, Australia etc. Paid internships are available.
- The Marco Polo exchange scheme allows students to study at another Vatel school for one semester including the USA.
Conducting an internship is an integral part of the hotel management program. Students only partake in internships at leading international hotel chains both in Thailand and France. Students gain a great deal of experience in operational settings from different departments including F&B, Housekeeping and Front Office duties.
Internships, therefore, help students by:
- Increasing knowledge of the basic operations in each hotel department.
- Appreciating the different departments within a hotel and those that they would like to seek employment in upon graduation.
New academic year starts every July.
- Lecture-based courses are conducted at Silpakorn University International College, Talingchan, Bangkok
- Practical based Courses are conducted at Vatel Thailand, CAT Telecom Building, Bangrak, Bangkok
- Completed Thai high school or equivalent.
- English proficiency: TOEFL 500 PBT, 173 CBT or 61 IBT or IELTS 5.5. Applicants without appropriate qualifications must take the SUIC English Language test.
- Motivational interview.
Program taught in: