This course prepares students to become experts in special effects design: cinematographic shows, computer animated characters and digital sets are some examples of the use of special effects.
With expert equipment at the forefront of digital technology, and teaching staff made up of professionals in the sector, LISAA is ranked as the second private school in Paris by professionals in the field of animation (L’Etudiant, 2015). Many graduates find work in the top special effects studios in France and abroad.
The Special Effects course takes place over three years or two years following a foundation year in art and design.
The qualification in Digital Design and Development – 3-D Animation option is listed on level 2 (France), 6 (EU), NSF 323m of the French Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP), a decree published 12/08/2013 in the official journal of 27th August 2013. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
Advantages of the Course
- Courses led by industry professionals
- Work placements at partner companies, constituting a significant career accelerator
- Classes centred around real projects to gain technical knowledge
- Individual student follow-up for the creation of their portfolio, work placement report and professional project
- Links between different disciplines for students to understand the complementary relationship of different areas of expertise
The qualification in Digital Design and Development – Special Effects option prepares students for careers in videography (compositing, music videos, advertising) and special effects.
- 2-D/3-D Layout Artist
- 2-D FX Artist
- 3D Animator
- Background designer
- Character Designer / Artist
- Compositing artist
- Concept artist
- Lighting / Rendering artist
- Matte painter
- Compositing operator/editor
- Visual effects director
- Shader artist
- Motion capture technician
- Tracking / Match Move Artist
- VFX artist
Entry Requirements & Application
Admission to LISAA Paris is subject to both the presentation of a portfolio of work and an oral interview. The objective of these conditions is not merely to assess the candidate’s level but also — and above all — to gauge his or her motivation and the potential of his or her academic profile to suit the specificities of a profession in animation and VFX. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More