Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Prepare yourself for a truly global education at "the most international of Switzerland's university-level institutions" (International Herald Tribune) with BRITISH and AMERICAN ACCREDITATION. Become a specialist in information systems analysis, design, and programming and pursue a systems analyst/programmer/manager career in software/technology companies, computer services companies, and organizations of all kinds (industry, government, banking, healthcare, non-profit, etc.)
KEY BENEFITS OF THE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Learning in a dynamic environment in Switzerland with a multicultural student body and faculty from academia and international business
- Providing knowledge and skills vital for all organizations
- Exploring business and technology trends and understand how IT adds value to businesses
- Gaining an effective, comprehensive understanding of information systems design and programming as well as fundamental management areas.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSc -CS) is designed for high school graduates interested in pursuing careers in information systems programming and IT management. The BSc-CS program covers all key aspects of systems analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment as well as IT service, security and project management.
BS-CS PROGRAM DETAILS
The BSc-CS program has three starting dates: September, January, and April.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science - Computer Science program will take the following core computer science courses complemented with laboratory practice: Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Database Systems, Web Applications Development, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture, IT Service, Security and Project Management. In addition, our curriculum includes various business management (i.e. marketing, accounting, statistics, management, finance, economics, human resources, etc.) as well as soft skills/competencies development courses (i.e. communication, negotiation, leadership, entrepreneurship, problem-solving, etc.). The BSc-CS is comprised of 43 courses taken over 3 years on a full-time basis.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program draws on the wealth of international know-how and resources of its faculty, visiting speakers and researchers.
Study in Switzerland:
Geneva belongs to a select group of truly “international” cities of the world, making it an ideal place to study international management.
AN INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
The International University in Geneva has established a strong network, developing exchange programs with 17 universities worldwide.
YOUR CAREER WITH YOUR BS-CS
BSc-CS graduates engage in systems analyst/programmer/manager careers in software/technology companies, computer services companies, and organizations of all kinds (industry, government, banking, healthcare, non-profit, etc.). There is an increasing need for such resources as all organizations and their business processes have become more and more dependant on the IT infrastructure and systems.
The International University in Geneva provides a career counseling service to assist students in their career decisions.
BSc-CS TUITION FEES
The tuition of the International University in Geneva, Switzerland, is CHF 34,500 for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program. The fees include a dedicated laptop, teaching materials, cases, and textbooks.
The Undergraduate programs have three starting dates: September, January, and April.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a secondary education at an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All applicants should demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university-level education.
Students applying to the IUG undergraduate programs must provide the following:
- A completed application form with an essay (200 to 300 words on one of the following topics: Describe your biggest achievement in any aspect of your life and the reasons for this success. Select a current issue of national or international importance which you think will have an impact on society. Explain why.
- A certified copy of a secondary school diploma in English
- Certified High School transcripts in English for the last 3 years
- A minimum score of 80 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) on the TOEFL test or another equivalent English proficiency test (IELTS or CEA from Cambridge). To submit the TOEFL test score to the International University in Geneva (IUG), please enter IUG's institutional code number (0130) when you take the test.
- Two passport size photos
- A Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A non-refundable application fee payable in Swiss Francs CHF 150.- / Euros €120.-, or US Dollars USD 140.-
- A recommendation letter from a guidance counselor or school official (principal or teacher) in English
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 12, 2018