BACHELOR OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (BA-IR)
Prepare yourself for a truly global education at "the most international of Switzerland's university level institutions" (International Herald Tribune)with BRITISH and AMERICAN ACCREDITATION. Become a specialist in international relations and pursue a decision making career in international organizations, diplomatic services, corporate business and non-profit organizations.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Learning in a dynamic environment in Switzerland with a multicultural student body and faculty from academia and international institutions, diplomatic services and field missions;
- Providing knowledge and skills to evaluate international political issues today;
- Exploring state’s foreign policy and regional cooperation, assessing current and identifying future political issues and trends;
- Gaining insight into United Nations system while attending international conferences and meetings in Geneva.
The Bachelor of Arts in International Relations (BA-IR) is designed for high school graduates interested in studying politics and global governance.
BA-IR PROGRAM DETAILS
The BA-IR program has three starting dates: September, January and April.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in International Relations program will take core international relations courses with a focus on: the United Nations, international organizations and regional cooperation; globalization and the nation state; security, peace and conflict resolution; sustainable development and environmental diplomacy; the role of civil society, media and non-profit organizations in the 21st century, etc. The BA-IR is comprised of 43 courses taken over 3 years on a full time basis.
The Bachelor of Arts in International Relations program draws on the wealth of international know-how and resources of its faculty, visiting speakers and researchers. The academic curriculum includes visits to major international organizations in Geneva.
Study in Switzerland:
Geneva is host to the United Nations and specialized agencies such as the World Trade Organization, and is often referred to as the capital of peace and diplomacy, making it an ideal place to study international relations.
AN INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
The International University in Geneva has established a strong network, developing exchange programs with 17 universities worldwide.
YOUR CAREER WITH YOUR BA-IR
BA-IR graduates engage in decision-making careers in international organizations and diplomatic services, corporate business and non-profit organizations.
The International University in Geneva provides for counselling to assist students in their career decisions. The International University in Geneva provides for Career Counselling to assist students.
The Undergraduate programs have three starting dates: September, January and April.
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a secondary education at an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All applicants should demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university level education.
Students applying to the IUG undergraduate programs must provide the following:
- A completed application form with an essay (200 to 300 words on one of the following topics:
- Describe your biggest achievement in any aspect of your life and the reasons for this success.
- Select a current issue of national or international importance which you think will have an impact on society. Explain why.
- A certified copy of a secondary school diploma in English
- Certified High School transcripts in English for the last 3 years
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or minimum score of 80 (Internet based test) or 213 (computer based test) on the TOEFL test or another equivalent English proficiency test ( CAE from Cambridge). To submit the TOEFL test score to the International University in Geneva (IUG), please enter IUG's institutional code number (0130) when you take the test.
- Two passport size photos
- A Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A non-refundable application fee payable in Swiss Francs CHF 150.- / Euros €120.-, or US Dollars USD 140.-
- A recommendation letter from a guidance counselor or school official (principal or teacher) in English
BA-IR TUITION FEES
The tuition of the International University in Geneva, Switzerland, is CHF 34,500 for Bachelor of Arts in International Relations undergraduate program. The fees include teaching materials, cases and textbooks
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017