BACHELOR OF ARTS IN DIGITAL MEDIA (BA-DM)
Prepare yourself for a truly global education at "the most international of Switzerland's university-level institutions" (International Herald Tribune) with BRITISH and AMERICAN ACCREDITATION. Pursue a career in advertising, media, and journalism in communication agencies, multinationals, governments and international organizations.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN DIGITAL MEDIA
- Learning in a dynamic environment in Switzerland with a multicultural student body and faculty from academia and the media industry
- Exploring digital media trends and issues with the latest media tools and concepts
- Exposure to the role of digital media in the for-profits and non-for-profits environments
- Gaining an overview of the main communication theories combined with practical negotiation and communication skills for the modern international workplace.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media (BA-DM) is designed for high school graduates interested in pursuing careers in media and communication.
BA-DM PROGRAM DETAILS
The BA-DM program has three starting dates: September, January, and April.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media program covers all key aspects of digital media: new media, multimedia, communication theory, journalism, public relations, corporate communications, image management, issues and crisis management, advertising and marketing. The BA-DM is comprised of 43 courses taken over 3 years on a full-time basis. The academic curriculum includes visits to major international companies in Geneva.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media program draws on the wealth of international know-how and resources of its faculty, visiting speakers and researchers.
Study in Switzerland:
Geneva belongs to a select group of truly “international” cities of the world, making it an ideal place to study international communication and media.
AN INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
The International University in Geneva has established a strong network, developing exchange programs with 17 universities worldwide. Learn more about our international network.
YOUR CAREER WITH YOUR BA-MC
BA-DM graduates have gone on to careers in advertising, management, public relations, journalism, publishing, and media in communication agencies, multinationals, governments and international organizations.
The International University in Geneva provides for counseling to assist students in their career decisions. The International University in Geneva provides for Career Counselling to assist students.
The Undergraduate programs have three starting dates: September, January, and April
The University welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a secondary education at an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 2.5. All applicants should demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university-level education.
Students applying to the IUG undergraduate programs must provide the following:
- A completed application form with an essay (200 to 300 words on one of the following topics:
- Describe your biggest achievement in any aspect of your life and the reasons for this success.
- Select a current issue of national or international importance which you think will have an impact on society. Explain why.
- A certified copy of a secondary school diploma in English
- Certified High School transcripts in English for the last 3 years
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or a minimum score of 80 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) on the TOEFL test or another equivalent English proficiency test ( CAE from Cambridge). A minimum score of 80 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) on the TOEFL test. To submit the TOEFL test score to the International University in Geneva (IUG), please enter IUG's institutional code number (0130) when you take the test.
- Two passport size photos
- A Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A non-refundable application fee payable in Swiss Francs CHF 150.- / Euros €120.-, or US Dollars USD 140.-
- A recommendation letter from a guidance counselor or school official (principal or teacher) in English
BA-DM TUITION FEES
The tuition of the International University in Geneva, Switzerland, is CHF 34,500 for Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media undergraduate program. The fees include teaching materials, cases, and textbooks.
Program taught in: