This course prepares students to become specialists in textile design. They will learn how to create colour and fabric ranges from their research and will create textile design collections.
Fashion and textile designers will be capable of choosing materials and dyeing methods adapted to their creations and will present their collections to professionals during the showroom presentations and catwalk shows.
Thanks to a teaching staff made up of recognised professionals, and numerous partnerships with prestigious companies in the fashion industry, LISAA is widely renowned, notably by the Ministry of Culture and Communication. LISAA is also ranked as the fourth private fashion school preferred by professionals (L’Étudiant 2015).
The Fashion Design/Textile Design course takes place over three years after high school or over two years following a foundation year (MANAA) or an Introductory Course in Applied Arts. Graduates are awarded a qualification in Textile Design, listed on level 2 (FR), 6 (EU), NSF 241n of the French Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP), decree of 25th February 2016 published in the official journal of 17th March 2016. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
Advantages of the Course
- Standard practice of textile printing thanks to the use, in small groups, of a screen printing studio
- An introduction to artisanal techniques of textile design (weaving, embroidery, dyeing…)
- Classes in workshops, centred around the creation of real projects: students design several collections covering the main sectors of the fashion industry
- Students are given a large amount of freedom in their choice of inspiration themes
- Work placement offers adapted to skills acquired
- Participation in competitions and national and international partnerships
- A vast network of alumni and companies who have a role in advancing the careers of graduates
- A weekly class of marketing taught in English
- BuyerFashion PR
- Fashion creator
- Textile designer
- Pattern maker
- Collection manager
- Photo stylist
- Ready-to-wear designer
- Fashion trends designer
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More