This course prepares students to become experts in 2-D video game design. Over the course of two years, students will tackle all aspects of game media: game play, level design, 2-D modelling and animation.
With expert equipment at the forefront of digital technology, and a teaching staff of video games professionals, LISAA is ranked as the second private school in Paris for video games by professionals in the field (L’Étudiant, 2015).
The 2-D video games course takes place over three years or two years following a foundation year in art and design.
The qualification in Digital Design and Development – Video Games option is listed on level 2 (France), 6 (EU), NSF 323m of the French Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP), decree published 12/08/2013 in the official journal of 27th August 2013. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
Advantages of the Course
- Work placements at partner companies like Ubisoft, constituting a significant career accelerator
- Classes centred around real projects: as part of the advanced course, students undertake three projects. They must position these, develop the visual and screenplay plans and produce playable prototypes
- A professional judging panel which aids student recruitment upon graduation
The qualification in Digital Design and Development - 2-D Video Games option prepares students for careers in 2-D Video Games.
- 2D Animator
- Background artist
- Character Designer / Artist
- Concept artist
- Game designer
- 2-D / 3-D Graphic designer
- Level designer
- Modeler / Mapper
- Video games tester / QA tester
- UI Artist
Entry Requirements & Application
Admission to LISAA Paris is subject to both the presentation of a portfolio of work and an oral interview. The objective of these conditions is not merely to assess the candidate’s level but also — and above all — to gauge his or her motivation and the potential of his or her academic profile to suit the specificities of the professions in animation and video games. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More