This course prepares students to become specialists in films for animation, music videos and advertising. Students will tackle the creation of storyboards, layout, sets, characters and the production of 2-D animation.
With expert equipment at the forefront of digital technology and a teaching staff of animation professionals, LISAA is ranked as the second private school in Paris for video games by professionals in the field, according to L’Étudiant in 2015.
The 2-D Animation course takes place over three years or two years following a foundation year in art and design.
The qualification in Digital Design and Development – 2-D Animation option is listed on level 2 (France), 6 (EU), NSF 323m of the French Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP), decree published 12/08/12013in the official journal of 27th August 2013. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
Advantages of the Course
- Classes centred around real projects in order for students to acquire technical skills
- A large network of alumni and partner companies, constituting a significant career accelerator
- Teaching staff made up of industry professionals who are aware of technological changes in a constantly-evolving field
- Links between different disciplines in order for students to understand the complementary relationship of different areas of expertise
- 2D Animator
- Background artist
- Character Designer / Artist
- Compositing artist
- Concept artist
- 2-D FX Artis
- tMatte painter
- Modeler / Mapper
- Compositing operator/editor
- Film director
- Roto Artist
Entry Requirements & Application
Admission to LISAA Paris is subject to both the presentation of a portfolio of work and an oral interview. The objective of these conditions is not merely to assess the candidate’s level but also — and above all — to gauge his or her motivation and the potential of his or her academic profile to suit the specificities of the professions in animation. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More