Bachelor degree in Photography
Pictures say more than words: the study for photo enthusiasts
Photography is an international language with its own rules and laws. Without words, she can symbolize complex relationships, tell stories and ignite emotions. It influences our thoughts and actions and determines the image we make of the world. It is omnipresent and indispensable in our lives. The understanding of the medium of photography and its conscious use are therefore essential not only in art, but also in advertising and editorial.
Set the foundation for an exciting and creative photography career at the University of Applied Sciences Europe . As? With a future-oriented, accredited Bachelor's degree program in an environment that does not limit you personally or geographically and helps you to develop your artistic potential. In the bachelor study course photography you will learn exclusively from renowned photographers from the creative industry and can use the professional equipment of our university including photo studios, darkroom, camera equipment, MacPools, etc. for your study projects.
The focus of our teaching is your individual support in small learning groups and a friendly, familiar and creative atmosphere. Through our interdisciplinary selection of subjects, a variety of practical projects and through a semester abroad or internships, you can actively shape your studies and your career path. In addition, our studies offer very special international opportunities - for example with exhibitions and excursions to New York, Vietnam, Iceland or Paris.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Campus: Berlin and Hamburg
- Language of instruction: German
Beginning of the semester:
- Winter semester: September
- Summer semester: March
- Duration of study: 7 semesters (full time)
- Internship / semester abroad: in the 5th semester
- Credit Points: 210 ECTS
- Focus of study:
- Focus on individual support in small learning groups and a family atmosphere. Many creative freedom, professional equipment and practical projects. Teaching by renowned lecturers from the creative industry.
- Study Fees:
- For EU applicants: € 7,980 annually
- For non-EU applicants: € 10,380 annually
The special thing about studying at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
The study programs of the University of Applied Sciences Europe consist of small learning groups. In this way, we enable individual promotion of your talents and personal contact with the lecturers. Our teachers are renowned professionals in the art and design world, from whose contacts you can benefit.
You can co-determine and expand the content of your studies - with a large selection of subjects from our programs. The particularly practice-oriented orientation of the study program includes internships and / or semesters abroad. In addition, you have a wide range of equipment available: From photo studios to darkrooms to MacPools.
The University of Applied Sciences Europe is a state-recognized and award-winning university - and our professors and students are too. Here it is possible to apply NC-free. Your personality counts with us!
Contents of study - semester abroad, internships and more
Your studies are subdivided into module groups: in the basics we teach you design skills such as lighting design, composition, analogue photography, digital photography and experimental filming.
At the same time, the theoretical subjects give you an overview of historical and contemporary developments in art, photography, design and film. In the project modules you will delve into individual genres of photography: portrait photography, fashion photography, staged photography, editorial photography, art photography, architectural photography, product photography, documentary photography, subject photography and more.
And through the range of interdisciplinary seminars, workshops and study tours you have the opportunity to acquire knowledge from other design courses. In the 5th semester you choose between an internship in Germany or abroad or a semester abroad.
Study photography and make a career
Working with photos does not necessarily mean taking pictures yourself. With a bachelor in photography, many fields of application are conceivable, for example as an image editor, art buyer, retoucher or curator. But you can also work as a photographer or photographer for advertising and magazines, corporate communications and events or as a photo artist.
It can also be a freelance activity, perhaps with its own photo studio. As the technical-technical aspect of photography increasingly recedes into the background, today's ability to translate ideas and feelings into visual concepts, soft skills, self-marketing and organizational talent are increasingly expected in the professional world.
Students tell about the study
"I am particularly proud of the fact that I made progress from project to project. I think you're never really satisfied with the end result, but I've noticed a qualitative difference over time. I think that the time of study is a time to experiment in which you have a lot of freedom. I think that's great. "
Sylvia and her University of Applied Sciences Europe story
Application for the art department Art
Film Motion Design, Photography, Communication Design, Game Design or Illustration - Which course of study fits your talents? We appreciate your interest in undergraduate courses at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
You can apply one year in advance for the desired semester start at our university. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 15 (non-EU applicants: June 15) and for the summer semester February 28 (non-EU applicants: February 28) . Following this, there is a follow-up procedure for unrecognized study places. If you already have a valid student visa for Germany, you can apply within the official application deadline.
Admission criteria for a study place at the University of Applied Sciences Europe are the university entrance qualification and the results of the entrance examination. A recording is also possible if the criteria of §11 in the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG) are met.
By the way: You can also take the entrance exam without a high school diploma and one year before your planned start of studies. This will give you the certainty of whether or not you can study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
We look forward to receiving your application for the summer and winter semester 2019 and beyond.
The basic admission requirement for the bachelor's degree program at the University of Applied Sciences Europe is the (technical) higher education entrance qualification you have achieved with a high school diploma. Anyone who has completed at least two years of vocational training regulated by federal or state law and has worked for at least two years (each in a field similar to the intended course) has an immediate subject-specific university entrance qualification (BerlHG § 11) and can also attend the University of Applied Sciences Europe Study University of Applied Sciences Europe .
We will examine your requirements and inform you immediately after submission of the documents whether you can be admitted to the studies.
Benefits in programs of study at other state or state recognized higher education institutions as well as extra-curricular achievements are recognized on application, provided that their equivalence with the achievements in the respective study course is established. Equivalence shall be established where no material difference can be demonstrated and the performance in terms of content, scope and requirements of the study program for which credit is requested is substantially the same. Responsible for this is the examination board. The concrete conditions for crediting and the exact procedure for this are regulated in the relevant examination regulations for the study program.
So you apply
- Please complete our online application form completely.
- Upload a copy of your (Fach-) Abitur certificate or equivalent.
- After reviewing your records, we can assess if you qualify for a degree from the University of Applied Sciences Europe . If so, we will invite you to your entrance exam. Please make sure we have your valid phone number and can reach you about it. Of course, your data will be treated confidentially and will not be passed on to us.
- For the entrance exam at our university, please bring your own portfolio and a certificate of general or subject-specific university entrance qualification in original or in certified photocopies.
How is the recording interview going?
- Please bring along for the admission interview:
- Tabular CV
- Certificate of General or Subject-Specific University Degree in Certified Photocopies. Admission is also possible if the criteria of § 11 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG) are met.
- Portfolio with own artistic-creative works. This should contain 15-20 working examples (exception Game Design (BA), three to five concepts). The following are possible: drawings, paintings, sketchbooks, photos, computer graphics, websites, CD-ROMs, short films, but also text-oriented works such as: B. Concepts for advertising campaigns or articles. Larger sculptural works and three-dimensional objects can also be documented as photos or in digital form. The folder must be accompanied by a written statement that the work was done independently. In the case of Game Design concepts for analog or digital games and also prototypes can be shown (Gameplay, Game Art, Story).
- Possibly. Proof of own social commitment, eg. For example, projects in which you are involved.
- Your conversation with representatives of the kind
- First, you will be asked about your motivation for a creative study.
- Afterwards your folder will be examined, in which about 15-20 work samples should be. Your portfolio and the results of the interview will decide on your admission to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
- Immediately after the interview, you will learn if you will be admitted to study at the University of Applied Sciences Europe .
About the School
Private and state-accredited: The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event and art & design. ... Read More