The mission of the Visual Arts Program is to prepare our students for rewarding careers in the visual arts through a dynamic visual arts curriculum and a comprehensive liberal arts education. The Visual Arts program provides individualized studio-arts training for the student who plans on becoming a practicing studio artist, curator, designer, photographer, art historian, or teacher. The program also prepares students to enter graduate programs in studio art, art history, museum studies, or art therapy.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in major aspects, techniques, and directions in chosen medium or media.
- Analyze works of art perceptively and evaluate them critically by using a comprehensive knowledge of the history of art.
- Achieve the highest level of technical ability in chosen media and its expressive possibilities.
- Exhibit and promote evidence of the development of studio-art practices within the facilities of the art gallery and to have their artwork critiqued and discussed.
- Art Gallery
- The Dillard Review (a journal of arts and letters)
Requirements for Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts
Complete a total of 122 credit hours of coursework for graduation.
See 15 more programs offered by Dillard University »
This course is