Sports and Tourism Management
- Faculty: Sports Education
- Language: English
- Credits: 180 credits (ECTS)
- Begins: September 15th
- Study type: Full-time (3 years)
- Duration: 3 years
- Annual tuition fee: 1285 EUR; Non-Europe – 2000 EUR
- Prerequisites: Diploma (certificate) of Secondary Education
- Qualification to be conferred: Bachelor of Business Management
On the basis of achievements in fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and technology of an international level, to train university level enterprising and socially responsible sports managers, able to work in business, public and state organizations and organize as well as run their own business. Objectives of this study program are to train demonstration of managerial knowledge and skills, management of resources and processes in the sports sector. As well as prepare sports managers to demonstrate entrepreneurship skills in the sports sector and collection, organization and analysis of targeted information also carrying out research.
* Choose only the modules of other study programs of the corresponding autumn or spring semester, which do not coincide with other modules of this program according to the schedule.
Be able to apply the principles of leadership, as well as methods and tools for organizational culture development and employee motivation:
- To formulate problems and tasks to team members related to problem-solving
- To know and understand modern theories and concepts of human resource management
- To analyze their functional activities, highlighting methods for the improvement
- To think critically and understand different arguments presented through the analysis of problems in organizations and (or) business activities and decision making Communication and social integration
- To apply holistic and systemic approaches as well as the innovative and global point of view to cognition of organizations and (or) business
- To develop creative thinking and communication skills through internal and external communication models
- To apply ethical principles in the communication process in accordance with the documentation and the rules of the standard Lithuanian language
- To continuously improve performance excellence
- To strive to know more than the working situation requires; learn from their own and colleagues’ experience
- To apply organizations and business legislation
- To know and understand the basic concepts and theories explaining the organization as a specific socio-economic phenomenon and the environment of the organization
- To strive to know different global social, cultural and sports trends.
After graduating from this study program, you will be able to build your own business or represent athletes, work as an executive, manager or administrator in national/ foreign sports organizations (associations, federations, clubs). Moreover, graduates have access to the second cycle studies in the field of Business and Management or other programs in the area of Social Sciences in Lithuania and abroad and acquire a Master’s degree.
Program taught in: