As a junior, German, and Spanish majors will study abroad for a semester.
Many students choose to study at the University of Grenoble in France; the Universities of Bonn or Jena in Germany; and USAC, Heredia or San Ramon, Costa Rica, or the Center for Cross-Cultural Studies in Córdoba or Buenos Aires, Argentina, or Seville, Spain.
Common Learning Outcomes
Wartburg College is a learning community built upon an integrative curriculum, a rich variety of learning-focused co-curricular activities, and intentional opportunities for reflection and discussion. These outcome statements define the expectations of a Wartburg education and provide the benchmarks against which the college holds itself accountable.
- Broad and Integrative Knowledge: Students will demonstrate the breadth of knowledge and the ability to make connections across a range of disciplines.
- Deep and Distinctive Knowledge: Students will demonstrate the depth of knowledge and the ability to use and apply the distinctive methods and forms of inquiry within the disciplinary area of the academic major.
- Collaboration: Students will work effectively in collaboration with others, being respectful and civil toward others.
- Ethics and Engagement: Students will articulate the ways in which faith and ethics inform their decisions, actions, and engagement as community members.
- Communication: Students will communicate effectively and appropriately in writing and speaking.
- Cultural Competence: Students will demonstrate the ability to appropriately, respectfully, and effectively communicate and work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.