- Duration (years): 4 years
- Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations, Advertising, and Marketing
- Level of Qualification: Bachelor Degree (1st Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English (First and second-year courses offered also in Greek)
- Mode of Study: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 240
Profile of the Programme
The aims of the programme are as follows: Offering quality university-level education that will allow students to be effective practitioners. Towards this end, students will be provided with:
- A solid foundation comprised of communication, advertising and marketing courses
- In-depth knowledge of theory
- Skills and techniques needed to practice
- Adequate preparation for an entry-level qualification
- Additional business and communication courses, allowing students to function effectively in the broader areas of corporate communication
- A strong element of general education that makes our graduate's well-rounded individuals in addition to well-trained specialists
Students are further encouraged to develop:
- A sensitivity to the social, economic, political, ethical and technological environments within which organizations operate and compete
- Skills in systematic planning, argumentation, communication of ideas, teamwork and intercultural understanding and the application of creativity
The final aim is to enable graduates to successfully enter the labour market or to continue studies in graduate schools.
The programme has both an academic and a market orientation. It focuses on examining and analyzing the latest developments and research in the academic fields of public relations, advertising, and marketing, but at the same time, it reflects the needs and requirements of the industry for practitioners.
Career opportunities are available both in the public sectors and the private sectors. For example, some of our graduates work as public relations practitioners at various offices within the government, such as the Public Information Office of the Cypriot government, and others are employed by private companies where they can combine interests in public relations and in other fields such as technology (PrimeTel and Cablenet) or environmental issues (Greedot Cyprus). Further, there are also companies and agencies specializing in the areas of marketing/media research and consultancy and some graduates choose to work in this sector.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Second Cycle degrees (Master’s Degree)
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements.
A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
On completion of the programme, the student will be able to:
- Acquire competencies and skills to practice in all three subject areas
- Analyse and synthesize key concepts in the fields
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Illustrate competence in one foreign language
- Design and manage projects relevant to studies
- Work with an interdisciplinary team
- Pursue and achieve quality in the chosen profession
- Lead in the field of work
- Continue learning independently
- Work creatively and critically in a multi-cultural setting
- Practice public relations, advertising and marketing effectively in their media, financial and socio-political and cultural contexts
- Handle both traditional and new mass media professionally and effectively
- Exhibit a global/European background and outlook of the profession
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.