Quote Bachelorstudies.com and we will waive your application fee!
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science has as its focus the theoretical and methodological aspects of the study of Politics and, more broadly, the Social Sciences. An understanding of the historical and behavioral aspects of political life is the foundation on which the curriculum for this degree is based.
The degree will be valuable to students interested in deepening their comprehension of social phenomena and possibly preparing for graduate work in this area. It also prepares students for careers in related professional fields such as journalism, law, and management of international public organizations.
Requirements for the Degree
- The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language.
- The General Distribution Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts (the Social Sciences and Humanities requirements will be satisfied by completing the core curriculum courses below).
- Additional Requirements for the Political Science Major HS 262 Modern Europe II: The Age of Imperialism
1. HS 263 Modern Europe III: Europe Since 1945
2. PL201 American Government
3. PL209 International Affairs
4. PL210 Introduction to Political Theory
5. PL212 International Organizations
6. PL215 Italian Politics and Society
7. PL223 Comparative Politics
8. PL250 Western European Politics
9. PL330 American Foreign Policy
10. PL340 Political Development in the Third World
11. PL460 Social Science Research Methods
12. PL480 Senior Thesis
The University requires an overall minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all courses taken at the University, with no more than two grades lower than C- in core courses.
Five electives are required for the major, to be chosen with the advisor from the following list. At least three courses must be at the 300 level.
1. Any 300-level Economics course
2. Any 200 or 300-level History courses not included in the core curriculum
3. Any 200- or 300-level Political Science course not required in the core curriculum
4. Any LAW course; BUS 301, BUS 330, MGT 310, MGT 303, FIN 301, FIN 320
5. PS 334
6. COM 220, CMS 315
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 30, 2017