This bachelor's degree prepares students to examine "truths," precedents, and proposals through critical thinking and provides exposure to great thinkers and practitioners. This major pulls from three challenging disciplines and illuminates them with the lights of history, logic, and math/economics.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics and Law?
The B.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Law will prepare you for advanced study leading to careers in law and public service. This program unites historical and mathematical study of economic and political institutions with philosophical analysis, ethical reflection, and logical rigor.
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More