Available Emphasis Areas:
- French Interdisciplinary Global Program - Emphasis
- French - Emphasis
- German Interdisciplinary Global Program - Emphasis
- German - Emphasis
- Spanish Interdisciplinary Global Program - Emphasis
This degree provides proficiencies in the student’s choice of French or German. A study-abroad requirement ensures grounding and experience among native speakers.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages?
If you want to gain a broad appreciation of language while specializing in the study of French or German, consider this degree. Global trade, the Internet, and improvements in transportation are accelerating rates of cultural and intellectual exchange. With this degree, you can help bridge the gaps between cultures and languages.
Prepare for the future by immersing yourself in diversity. With our linguistic, literary, and cultural approaches to language study, you will learn to think critically and develop skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. You will grow to understand and appreciate diverse cultures. In an international climate, second-language skills will open doors in many careers.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Intelligence specialist
- International lawyer
- International patent attorney
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More