The Marketing programme provides a comprehensive knowledge of issues, theories and working practices connected with the dynamic and fast-evolving field of marketing in global businesses.
This programme is ideal for students that wish to acquire in-depth knowledge and key competencies to identify key value propositions within businesses and organisations, drivers for the company’s growth, longevity and profitability within the marketplace from a marketing perspective and the key elements influencing customers’ demand and loyalty over time. The long-term influencers are then also studied and interpreted so that the best use of the companies offering (its products and services) can be best utilized for maximum profit. Required elements of the marketing major are courses in Advertising, Management, Branding, E-commerce, Consumer Behaviour, Market Research, and Marketing Strategy and social media management that cover an extensive knowledge and specialist marketing expertise.
Sustained by a solid foundation in the business fundamentals with information technology and a global perspective, this programme explores both the theoretical and communications side of marketing and, in particular, brings specific case studies on marketing influence on contemporary societal issues, target segmentation, and illustrate key elements that interfere in generating consumer’s demand nowadays.
Graduates who successfully complete this programme, are eligible to receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership.
5 Reasons to study BA Marketing
- Examine the global marketing practices that have helped growing companies to the next level, securing a competitive advantage and success, and their impact on multinational enterprises and national firms.
- Understand how to best position and promote products/services with an extensive analysis of the marketplace and main competitors, identifying key aspects to engage effectively with a target audience.
- Compare strategies involved in marketing and branding, and examine the role played by marketing communications to grow customers' relationships long-term within a vast array of industries.
- Discuss the contemporary debate over marketing ethics, and contrast different approaches to the study of marketing.
- Enable you to build a comprehensive business knowledge of the issues, theories and the working practices connected with this dynamic field.
After you graduate
A Level: 96 UCAS points
US High School Diploma (or equivalent): 2.5 GPA minimum (on 4.0 scale)
International Baccalaureate: 24 IB points (year 1) BTEC National Diploma: MMM.
Completion of Year 12-13 International equivalent secondary school qualification with a minimum grade average of grade C, including mathematics and English.
English Language Requirements (Non-Native English Speakers)
- IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- TOEFL (IBT) 80+ overall with: Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17, Speaking 20
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE) 51
- Overall Cambridge English Scale score of no less than 168 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
How to apply
You apply directly using the Common Application ($50.00) or the Richmond One Line Application. In order to submit your application, you will need the following information:
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments.
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference.
- A personal statement – this can either be emailed as a Word Document or PDF or completed online.
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed high school (secondary school) transcript and graduation certificate.
About the School
Richmond is an American International University, established in 1972 and based in West London with two campuses in Richmond Hill and close to Kensington High Street. Since 1981, the university has be ... Read More