Students pursuing the specialisation in Marketing Communications and Public Relations within the BA degree in Communications will learn how to engage audiences across different channels, media and explore the relationship between marketing communications and public relations within the business and media industries. The aim of this programme is to prepare students to work within the technologically driven and consumer-focused businesses around the world.
This degree provides an interdisciplinary, multimedia approach to the study of communications through the study of theory and subsequent practice. During the first two years of the Communications degree, students take the same core courses across the three available disciplines. During the third and fourth year students then specialise in Marketing Communications & Public Relations, whilst also having the opportunity to pursue an internship with leading global companies and institutions.
Top 5 reasons to study this programme
- Explore the worlds of PR, advertising and communications in London, the hub of the global marketing communications industry.
- Learn from experienced academics and guest lecturers, organise and lead events, and become a student member of the Public Relations Consultants Association – Europe’s largest PR body.
- Gain vital work experience through an internship in a wide range of leading international organisations in London, the USA and China.
- Develop strong communication skills in small classes within an International environment, alongside fellow students from all over the world.
- Take advantage of a leading alumni community in the UK and the USA.
About the School
Richmond is an American International University, established in 1972 and based in West London with two campuses in Richmond Hill and close to Kensington High Street. Since 1981, the university has be ... Read More