- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 3,5 years (210 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BA (Bachelor of Business Management)
- Tuition fee: €1600
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30
- Studies commence: September 1
Bachelor in Management
The intended learning outcomes of the Business Management study programme comply with the descriptor of professional sub-group 1120 Directors of Enterprises, Institutions, and Organizations of the Lithuanian Professions Classifier (which corresponds to ISCO-081217). Directors of enterprises, institutions, and organisations, with the assistance of other executives, develop and revise the trends of policies, plan, coordinate, and evaluate all the activity of enterprises or organisations, and manage it in accordance with the recommendations set by the Board of Directors or a management body to whom they report for the completed tasks and the achieved results. The aims and the learning outcomes of the programme are agreed with the management standards developed by the Chartered Management Institute of Great Britain.
The acquired knowledge and abilities enable one to start one's own business, to work as a chief executive officer or a functional manager, such as the head of the personnel, finance, production, or marketing departments.
Knowledge and abilities
- the knowledge of the fundamental and applied research in management and the ability to systemically and creatively apply it to research and to problem-solving in a business organization;
- the knowledge and the ability to apply business design, strategic management, and the outcomes of scientific and applied research to the field of business management, as well as to research processes;
- the knowledge of the findings of the latest research in marketing and investment management and the ability to apply it to the process of decision making in business management
- the knowledge of the latest theories and methods of organizational culture, business decisions, and innovations and the ability to apply it to the processes of research;
- the ability to formulate a scientific problem, to choose or to develop a scientific research methodology, and to conduct independent research;
- the ability to analyse and synthesise the research data necessary for scientific and practical activities, to use information systems and databases;
- the ability to justify the outcomes of scientific research orally and in writing; to argue business management decisions by integrating the outcomes of the research in management;
- the ability to: analyse a business environment by choosing the resources, the site of the business, and the market; to critically evaluate the obtained information, and to apply the methods and means of business analysis to develop and implement a strategic business plan;
- the ability to conduct market surveys and to apply the outcomes of the market surveys in choosing the price of the product or a system of wages and in the valuation of the risk and profitability of the expected investments;
- the ability to evaluate and form organizational culture; in the sustainable development of business, to choose innovation strategies and to implement them, and to take other decisions of business management;
- the ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing, to convey summarised information in a justified way to specialists and to the general public by critically evaluating it;
- the ability to work in a team, to organise personal and group activities, and to be responsible for the quality of one's own and one's subordinates' activity and its evaluation on the basis of professional ethics and public spirit;
- the ability to find means and measures to improve subordinates ' activities;
- the ability to identify one's own learning needs and to learn independently with the aim of improving professional qualification in the context of lifelong learning;
- the ability to use scientific research knowledge, the research experience, and the skills of systemic and strategic thinking for independent professional or scientific activity
- the ability to make innovative business management decisions by assessing their ethics and potential impact on society and the environment.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
About the School
Klaip?da University started its academic activities with three faculties (those of Marine Engineering, Pedagogy, and Humanities and Natural Sciences) and about 3,000 students.