A.C.T.’s prestigious BA in IR features career-track training in international diplomacy, with an internationally oriented pre-law option for American students. The program of studies is particularly strong in American and EU politics, international law and organizations, gender, globalization, and contemporary Balkan and Aegean affairs.
IR majors may choose one of three four-course specializations, Diplomacy, Sustainability, and International Business (in collaboration with the Division of Business), while A.C.T. students majoring in other disciplines may opt to take a Minor in Diplomacy and International Relations.
The Dukakis Center offers opportunities for students to undertake formal and informal internships on and off campus and allows students to interact directly with senior practitioners in public affairs. The Center hosts many extracurricular activities, including guest lectures, MUN simulations, study trips, and so on.
Our graduates have had outstanding success in post-graduate study, gaining admission to the most prestigious European and American universities, and experiencing success at the highest levels of professional life. Recent graduates have been accepted for post-graduate study at the Fletcher School, Johns Hopkins SAIS (Washington, Bologna, and Nanjing campuses), Georgetown, Columbia, the Maxwell School, NYU, LSE, King’s College War Studies, IHEID Geneva, and the College of Europe.
- provide a dynamic contemporary student-centered civic education
- train youth for leadership roles in regional and international affairs
- contribute meaningfully through academic instruction, applied research, and professional outreach to cooperation and peaceful co-existence in Greece, Southeast Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean, and the larger Euro-Atlantic community.
Where have they worked?
Alumni of the IR program have been offered jobs by the following companies and agencies, among many others:
- European Commission
- Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art
- University of St Andrews
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- United States Institute of Peace
- Albanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- FYRoM Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Janes Publications
- East-West Institute
- Schuman Associates Brussels
- Heritage Foundation
- International Office of Migration
- European Center for Vocational Training – CEDEFOP
- Municipality of Plovdiv
- Center for Democracy and Reconciliation in Southeast Europe
- Nomint Motion Design
- Hellenic Fabrics
- CNN Greece
- United States House of Representatives
- UK Data Archive
- Center for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology
- Close-Up Magazine
About the School
ACT (American College of Thessaloniki) is the tertiary division of Anatolia College, an institution with a long and prestigious history that dates back to 1886. ACT is accredited in the United States ... Read More