Friendly relationships between nations often rely on good trade relationships. Students with an interest in economics who want to prepare for a career in international finance, government, or business can earn their Bachelor of Arts in International Economics with Schiller International University.
Courses within the Bachelor of Arts in International Economics aim to produce graduates with technical knowledge and practical research and analysis skills. Courses cover issues including:
- Economic Geography
- Economy of Developing Countries
- International Economic Policies & Institutions
- Modern Diplomacy
- The Political Economy of North-South Relations
- Business Administration
Students are also required to pursue education on in a foreign language to at least an intermediate level.
The major in International Economics provides thorough training in economic theory and policy. While these studies examine the insights of economics from the individual and firm level to the national, and then the international level, there is an emphasis throughout on maintaining a focus on the impact and role of international economic relations and on maintaining an internationally comparative perspective. In addition, the major includes courses in international business administration, international relations, and political science. Students completing this major often go on to careers in economic or political economic analysis within the international worlds of business, finance, or government. Others continue on to graduate studies in economics, business, international relations or law.
Graduates of the International Economics program will be able to:
- Assess business facts and interpret them consistent with economic thinking.
- Understanding of how decision makers allocate scarce resources to achieve economic efficiency.
- Apply economic tools to analyze decisions made by consumers, firms, and policymakers.
- Integrate economic models to analyze the impact of various fiscal monetary, and trade policies on a nation’s economy.
Offered at the following campuses:
Heidelberg and Madrid
About the School
Since its founding four decades ago, Schiller International University has prepared men and women for leadership, government and service roles in countless countries. Schiller’s global heritage, inter ... Read More