The primary goals of the International Business Economics Programme at Eötvös Loránd University are to familiarise students with the challenging issues of international economic processes both on the macro and micro level and to get them acquainted with the European business environment in order to be able to perform successfully in a multinational business environment.
This program is recommended to applicants who are keen to become specialists in economics and are open to multi-cultural business environments.
This program enables students to become experts in international market processes, the operation of the EU and the economic, political, and cultural impacts of globalization.
Strength of program
The International Business Economics BA Programme has a strong international orientation, yet incorporates a general approach in business economics. Students will get acquainted with the operation of international organizations and the related issues of finance, management, business law, and communication.
The main strengths of the program at Eötvös Loránd University, Institute of Business Economics are:
- Strong focus on business law issues in order to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Development of business communication skills.
- Increased attention to social sciences to influence the world as an intellectual.
- Solving real-life problems from the field of international business economics through compulsory project works assisted by lecturers to be able to apply theory in practice.
- Introduction to Management Science (6)
- Marketing I (6)
- Accounting I (6)
- Mathematics I (6)
- Fundamentals of Psychology (3)
- Community and Individual (3)
- Economics I (6)
- Corporate Finance (6)
- Accounting II (3)
- Human Resource Management (3)
- Mathematics II (6)
- Economic History (3)
- Technology and Economy (3)
- International Finance and Economics (6)
- Foreign Economic Policy (3)
- Business Law I (6)
- Economics II. (3)
- Argumentation (3)
- Corporate Management Systems (6)
- Optional course I (3)
- International Trade and Economic Institutions (6)
- Economic Policy (3)
- Business Law II (6)
- Business Statistics (6)
- National and International Taxation (3)
- Elective course in Social Sciences I (3)
- Optional course II (3)
- International Political Economy (6)
- Econometrics (6)
- Elective course in Business Law (3)
- Elective course in Social Sciences II (3)
- Project work I (9)
- Optional course III (3)
- Negotiation Techniques (3)
- Project work II (9)
- Elective course in Economics (6)
- Elective course in Informatics (3)
- Elective course in Social Sciences (3)
- Elective course in Business Economics (3)
- Optional course IV (3)
- Professional Practice (20)
- Thesis (10)
The general training in business economics and the international orientation of the program help you to become successful in multi-national and competitive jobs, fast-tracking your career.
- Business development manager
- Data analyst
- External auditor
- Financial risk analyst
For the International Business Economics BA program, the application of those students who have completed their secondary school studies and can prove this by a high school diploma is welcomed. Admissions are decided by the Admission Board. Students will receive written notification of the admission decision within 2-3 weeks following the application deadline.
Pass one of the following exams and achieve the score as given:
- SAT Mathematics Subject Test Level II: min. 680 points
- ACT Test: min. 22 points in the Mathematics part
Submit the required documents.
Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
Those applicants who do not speak English as their native language must complete one of the following language tests:
- Valid TOEFL Score of minimum 61 points (IBT) or TOEFL Score of minimum 500 points (PBT) or TOEFL Score of minimum 173 points (CBT)
- Valid IELTS of a minimum overall band of 6.0
- Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Documents to submit with the application
- Online application form
- Record of the final two years in secondary school
- Secondary school certificate
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Language certificate
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
About the School
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) - in terms of student and staff number, quality of education and research, and its international relations - is a prestigious institution of public higher education in ... Read More