This degree is essential for all those wishing to follow a path in the hospitality and tourism industry. The hospitality industry and associated services is a huge and dynamic sector with excellent prospects and opportunities. The degree provides the students with all the necessary knowledge, leadership, analytical and communication skills and prepares them to engage successfully in this demanding sector of the economy. It provides the student with the necessary tools to add value to any organization operating in the hospitality industry. Upon completion students will be able to understand in depth the forces and the challenges that drive such a dynamic sector and will be able to interact effectively with any organization in the industry.
This degree is ideal for people wishing to enhance their position within their organizations while at the same time it offers excellent prospects for future employment in the fields of food and beverage, hotels and resorts, restaurant management and marketing.
Online and through Supported Open Learning
- Regular admission to a Bachelor’s degree programme requires the High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be considered for entry.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transfer.
- Applicants with at least 2 years of postgraduate relevant experience may be considered for entry.
- English proficiency.
- Copy of passport or ID
Applicants that do not meet the minimum entry requirements may be considered for the ‘FOUNDATION PROGRAMME’.
In addition to a strong academic record, the student’s extracurricular involvement, leadership skills, and other relevant background information are taken into account.
Section: Language Expression Modules
- Communication for business - UU-BBA-2000
- Writing Methods - UU-ENG-1000
- Composition of English - UU-ENG-1001
- University English - UU-ENG-1005
Section: Computer Modules
- Computer Systems and Design - UU-COM-1000
- Digital Business - UU-COM-3010-BHM
Section: Mathematics Modules
- Introduction to Algebra - UU-MTH-1000
- Quantitative methods - UU-MTH-1005
- Introduction to Statistical Methods I - UU-MTH-2000
- Statistical Methods II - UU-MTH-3000
Section: Social Sciences Modules
- Principles of Psychology - UU-PSH-1000-BHM
- Psychology II - UU-PSH-1100-BHM
- Sociology: An introduction - UU-SOC-1000-BHM
Section: Hotel/Hospitality/Restaurant Modules
- Introduction to Hospitality - UU-HOM-1000
- Food Science - UU-HOM-1010
- Housekeeping and Maintenance management - UU-HOM-2010
- Front Office management - UU-HOM-2020
- Hospitality IT Systems - UU-HOM-3000
- Restaurant Operations management - UU-HOM-3005
- Food and Beverage management - UU-HOM-3010
- Food Service Layout and Design - UU-HOM-3020
- Food and Beverage Control for the Hospitality Industry - UU-HOM-4080
- Event Management - UU-HRM-2000
- Hospitality and Tourism Law - UU-HRM-2037
- Hotel Management - UU-HRM-2045
- Intercultural Communication - UU-HRM-2046
- Cultural Geography - UU-HRM-3030-BHM
- Conferences Management and Exhibitions - UU-HRM-3040
- Food Services Course - UU-HRM-3070
- Service Quality management - UU-HRM-4000
- Final Year Seminar - UU-HRM-4010
- Professional Advancement and Career Planning - UU-HRM-4030
- Hospitality and Transport - UU-HRM-4040
- Tourism Environmental Management - UU-HRM-4050
Section: Business Support Modules
- Accounting I -UU-ACG-1000
- Accounting II - UU-ACG-1001-BHM
- Strategy Course - UU-BBA-4020-BHM
- Introduction to Management - UU-MAN-2010
- Human Resource - UU-MAN-4000-BHM
- Marketing - UU-MKT-2000
About the School
Unicaf University is a Pan African independent, recognised university, combining the best elements of international education, offering high quality internationally recognised qualifications. The Univ ... Read More