BA in Hospitality Management (Sports and Leisure Management)
The Sports and Leisure Management Concentration prepares students to manage large-scale venues, from stadiums to theatres to theme parks.
Our coursework includes food and beverage management, facilities management and event booking.
- Conventions and Large meetings - Focuses on the organization of large meetings and the interface between meeting planners, exhibitors/organizers, city departments and service providers around the city. Students learn how to plan, organize and execute a large meeting or an activity associated with a convention.
- Special Events and Event Marketing - Focuses on managing special events proper and how to use events as a marketing tool to promote a company or cause - concerts, sporting events, street fairs, etc.
- Sports and Entertainment - Provides an overview of the management of sports and entertainment bookings, management and venues focused on hospitality and presentation aspects.
- Sustainable Tourism - Presents the structures and economics of modern tourism. Emphasizes eco-tourism and sustainable development. Utilizes Chicago tourism authorities, tackling realistic projects critical to the planning and development of a destination.
- Introduction to Design - Presents basic design principles through the lens of interior design. Includes historical as well as current design trends.
- The Global Economy - Covers traditional macroeconomics topics in an international context. Topics include national income accounting, inflation, unemployment, fiscal policy, money, the banking system and monetary policy. Macro-economic interdependence among nations and its implications for policy, global commerce and international entities are examined, as are the economics of social responsibility.
- Legal Issues in Hospitality Management - Describes the rights and responsibilities of hotels, food and beverage service operators, guests, and employees. Includes creating, implementing, and enforcing compliance procedures to uphold the law and mitigate risk.
About the School
For more than 75 years, Kendall College has been offering engaging, specialized fields of study with a strong emphasis on immersive learning that is geared to your academic, personal, and professional ... Read More