Kendall College has located minutes away from exclusive members-only clubs whose rosters include the who's-who of entertainment, business, and politics. Within a few hours' drive of Chicago, students will also find golf courses hosting national tournaments.
Our Club Management concentration prepares students for the rigors of managing elite members-only establishments such as city, country, golf and health clubs.
The coursework covers topics in marketing and financial strategies, managing membership boards, and growing member rolls. In addition, students focus on how to cater to and build real relationships with members.
- Club Management - Explores both the traditional non-profit club and the rapidly growing profit-driven health and fitness club. Compares management, marketing, and financial strategies. Discusses the role of the board of directors and the importance of the development and retention of the membership.
- Special Events and Event Marketing - Focuses on managing special events proper and how to use events as a marketing tool to promote a company or cause - concerts, sporting events, street fairs, etc.
- Sports and Entertainment - Provides an overview of the management of sports and entertainment bookings, management and venues focused on hospitality and presentation aspects.
- Sustainable Tourism - Presents the structures and economics of modern tourism. Emphasizes eco-tourism and sustainable development. Utilizes Chicago tourism authorities, tackling realistic projects critical to the planning and development of a destination.
- Introduction to Design - Presents basic design principles through the lens of interior design. Includes historical as well as current design trends.
- The Global Economy - Covers traditional macroeconomics topics in an international context. Topics include national income accounting, inflation, unemployment, fiscal policy, money, the banking system and monetary policy. Macroeconomic interdependence among nations and its implications for policy, global commerce, and international entities are examined, as are the economics of social responsibility.
- Legal Issues in Hospitality Management - Describes the rights and responsibilities of hotels, food, and beverage service operators, guests, and employees. Includes creating, implementing, and enforcing compliance procedures to uphold the law and mitigate risk.
About the School
For more than 75 years, Kendall College has been offering engaging, specialized fields of study with a strong emphasis on immersive learning that is geared to your academic, personal, and professional ... Read More