BA in Hospitality Management (Asset Management)
In this concentration, students are immersed in the study of real-estate markets and management, and in-depth financial analysis. With this background, students can go on to management careers at real estate investment trusts (REITs), major consulting companies and holding companies.
- Corporate Finance and Risk Management - Explores financial performance and financing options in a multi-unit/multi-business environment. Features risk management tools.
- Revenue Management - Takes an active, dynamic approach to managing revenue streams to ensure an organization's long-term viability and financial health.
- Real Estate Finance - Considers the various methods of valuation of commercial properties as well as the financing instruments available for real estate investment. Portfolio management techniques are included.
- Sustainable Tourism - Presents the structures and economics of modern tourism. Emphasizes eco-tourism and sustainable development. Utilizes Chicago tourism authorities, tackling realistic projects critical to the planning and development of a destination.
- Introduction to Design - Presents basic design principles through the lens of interior design. Includes historical as well as current design trends.
- The Global Economy - Covers traditional macroeconomics topics in an international context. Topics include national income accounting, inflation, unemployment, fiscal policy, money, the banking system and monetary policy. Macroeconomic interdependence among nations and its implications for policy, global commerce, and international entities are examined, as are the economics of social responsibility.
- Legal Issues in Hospitality Management - Describes the rights and responsibilities of hotels, food, and beverage service operators, guests, and employees. Includes creating, implementing, and enforcing compliance procedures to uphold the law and mitigate risk.
About the School
For more than 75 years, Kendall College has been offering engaging, specialized fields of study with a strong emphasis on immersive learning that is geared to your academic, personal, and professional ... Read More