The Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies (with emphasis on Global Business and Entrepreneurship) is an exciting and unique program that prepares students to become successful managers and entrepreneurs. Students learn how to handle and deal with the variety of challenges stemming from an ever-changing international business environment.
This Bachelor’s program provides students with state-of-the-art education in the field of business while acquiring highly valuable entrepreneurial skills. Students focus extensively on contemporary issues and develop their analytical and critical mindset. In addition to the major courses where students obtain the necessary tools to analyze the global economy, they can also specialize in several fast-developing areas such as digital economy, international finance, and the internationalization of family businesses.
The program offers a great balance between rigorous business education and the excitement of developing a business. In line with the Theory-Guided, Practice-Embedded, Experiential Learning (TPEL) approach of Vesalius College, students are offered the opportunity to embark on truly international and practical learning experience.
Embedded in a global community they gain first-hand experience by exploring different global business environments, internships, study abroad programs, and interactive courses. Students explore how to apply their theoretical knowledge into practice by developing, presenting and launching their business ideas. Together with renowned business professionals, students learn how to identify, pursue and seize business opportunities emerging in the global economy. Through the courses and various networking opportunities, students are able to collect real-life working experiences.
Students graduating from our Business Studies program possess a solid foundation in the functional areas of globally operating companies. The program prepares students not only for prestigious management positions but also for leadership responsibilities. Careers of our recent graduates include investment banking, sales, trade, business development, online marketing and consulting.
Many of our students have used Vesalius College’s extensive academic network in Brussels and abroad to pursue a master’s degree in a wide range of fields, including management, business, banking & finance, economics, trade and more. Our Business graduates have successfully completed postgraduate studies in a number of prestigious universities, including Solvay Business School, the University of Saint Andrews, London School of Economics, IE Business School, Bocconi University, Boston University, and many others.
To complete the bachelor’s degree in Business Studies at Vesalius College, a minimum of 180 ECTS (credits or study points) is required. Most students complete the intense and rigorous study program within 3 years of admission to the college. Students are also encouraged to complete a Study Abroad semester at one of our partner universities overseas and to take an internship as part of our prestigious internship program.
The 180-ECTS degree program is divided into several different requirements. In general, Students start with the core curriculum, a set of courses that develop the relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to the College’s distinctive undergraduate program.
In addition to the core curriculum, students take major requirement courses. These courses are divided into business, economics, mathematics, and advanced statistics courses.
To give students the opportunity to develop areas of personal and professional interest, Vesalius College requires the completion of major electives and free electives. Business students at Vesalius College may also choose any minor, regardless of their major. In order to obtain the ‘Minor’ classification, students must follow all four courses within that Minor.
- Global Ethics
- Global Ethics, Leadership, and Personal Development I
- Global Ethics, Leadership and Personal Development II
- Intermediate Qualitative Research Methods
- Intermediate Quantitative Research Methods
- Introduction to Academic Writing & Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Statistics
- BA Thesis in Business I (Advanced Research Methods)
- BA Thesis in Business II (Senior Seminar)
- Capstone Business
- Corporate Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Macro-Economics
- Intermediate Micro-Economics
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Global Business
- Introduction to Economics
- International Marketing
- Mathematics for Business and Economics
- Scenario Thinking
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management
- Big Data
- Business Information System
- Communication, Organisation, and Economics
- Financial Markets and Investments
- Business in China
- Global Economic Governance
- Global Practice of Corporate Communication
- Marketing, Communication, and Advertising in Global Context
- Intercultural Communication
- International Business Management
- International Finance
- International Political Economy
- International Trade
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Political and Financial Risk Analysis
- Project Management
- The European Economy
Students also choose three free electives from any of the Bachelor-level courses offered by Vesalius College or one of its partner institutions previously mentioned. For example, students may choose courses within their major, another major, or outside the curriculum of all majors (e.g. language courses).
The Learning Outcomes for the Bachelor of Arts in Business Studies are:
The bachelor has a broad knowledge of the different functional fields of business management. He is able to apply this knowledge in the analysis of business-oriented problems and is able to propose a solution to specific business problems.
- The bachelor has an understanding of the interrelatedness of the different functional fields of business and understands the impact of this on decision-making.
- The bachelor has insight into the broad societal context of businesses and is able to take it into account in the analysis of business-oriented problems.
- The bachelor knows and is able to apply common qualitative and quantitative research methods and is able to apply these in the field of business studies.
- The bachelor has an open and academic attitude characterized by accuracy, critical reflection and academic curiosity.
- The bachelor is able to identify the international dimension in business-related problems and knows how to handle these problems in an effective way.
- The bachelor is able to work in a multi-cultural team.
- The bachelor recognizes the importance of life-long learning.
- The bachelor is able to communicate clearly, fluently and accurately; as well in a written report as in an oral presentation.
- The bachelor is able to combine ethical and business-oriented judgments in the analysis of business problems and takes these ethical considerations explicitly into account in the solutions proposed for business problems.
*Students unable to meet the above-mentioned application deadlines should contact the Admissions Office.
About the School
Vesalius College is one of the few higher education institutions in Brussels that offers European-focused Bachelor’s degrees solely taught in the English language. Founded in 1987 by the Vrije Univers ... Read More