The BA Finance and Investments program equips students with the skills and knowledge to enter a range of exciting careers in Banking, Corporate Finance, Fund Management, and International Finance. The degree structure covers the key areas of Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Investment Management. This degree program enables our students to respond to the demand for graduates with knowledge and skills required to lead or financially direct organizations, from family-run businesses to global corporations or to secure employment in the world of finance and banking.
Students acquire a solid foundation in business, accounting and economics’ fundamentals with information technology and a sound understanding of financial concepts and considerations within a global financial environment. The program covers key areas that are vital to the finance industry such as mergers, regulation, and derivatives. The in-depth focus is dedicated to the applications of tools in finance and investment such as risk measurement and management, asset pricing, cost of capital, exchange rate determination, financial modeling, and econometric testing. Students can tailor their degree with specialist options in Derivatives, International Finance, and Wealth Management. Together with the option to gain Internship experience, the degree aims to form graduates with strong skills and key tools required by global employers in this competitive industry.
Our academics are experts in the finance and investment industry, and there are regular guest speakers to provide further insight. Students will work independently and collaboratively to apply their knowledge to practical situations, both on in the classroom and in the field. Graduates from this program are also eligible to receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Award in Management & Leadership.
5 Reasons to study BA Finance & Investment
- Acquire a key understanding of Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Wealth Management.
- Learn to develop specialist skills in International Finance and Market Analysis.
- Obtain the vital skills needed to enter and succeed in employment relating to Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, and International Wealth Management.
- Benefit from practical work experience in a Finance based integrated internship.
- Gain access to the top graduate schools in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Europe.
After you graduate
- A-Level: 96 UCAS points
- US High School Diploma (or equivalent): 2.5 GPA minimum (on 4.0 scale)
- International Baccalaureate: 24 IB points (year 1) BTEC National Diploma: MMM.
- Completion of Year 12-13 International equivalent secondary school qualification with a minimum grade average of grade C, including mathematics and English.
English Language Requirements (Non-Native English Speakers)
- IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- TOEFL (IBT) 80+ overall with Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17, Speaking 20
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE) 51
- Overall Cambridge English Scale score of no less than 168 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
How to apply
You apply directly using the Common Application ($50.00) or the Richmond One Line Application. In order to submit your application, you will need the following information:
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments.
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference.
- A personal statement – this can either be emailed as a Word Document or PDF or completed online.
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed high school (secondary school) transcript and graduation certificate.
About the School
Richmond is an American International University, established in 1972 and based in West London with two campuses in Richmond Hill and close to Kensington High Street. Since 1981, the university has be ... Read More