Film Design Program was designed for a new generation of film artists who share a passion for motion pictures and want to learn by making their own projects in a hands-on program.
Learning to be a filmmaker is not done by theory alone. It is done by immersion in the process and by knowing the “whys” that teach the “hows”. It is done through hands-on experience, trial and error, feedback and correction, and questions and answers. Filmmaking demands the integration of many kinds of knowledge. In our film design courses, students learn not only how to operate a camera, light a scene, or edit a film, but they also learn how all the aspects of filmmaking relate to, interact with, and depend upon each other.
This program is 70% Turkish and 30% English. It is not recommended if you are not fluent in Turkish.
Description of the course
During the fourth year, undergraduate program emphasis will be given to scriptwriting, directing, production, cinematography, editing, and post-production. Each and every student is expected to act as writer, director, producer, cameraman and editor at as many different films as they can. At the end of the program, all the students graduate not only with enough knowledge and skill in all aspects of movie-making but also with guided specialization in one specific area of interest.
- Ability to make short and feature dramatic films.
- Ability to make use of motion/video, hypermedia, and Web-based technologies.
- Ability to handle sophisticated projects from the concept through production and delivery.
- Ability to use a range of technical devices, applications, and media processes to introduce ideas, manage the desired effects and explore aesthetic qualities.
Graduates can work as director, producer, scriptwriter, cameraman or editor in the content producing TV and film industries.
Entrance requirements for international students
- Completed online application form https://apply.yasar.edu.tr/
- High School diploma, school leaving certificate, transcript and reference letter for undergraduate applicants
- University degree, transcript and academic reference letter for graduate applicants
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Passport photographs
About the School
Yasar University, an English medium, foundation university, is located in the centre of the city of Izmir on the scenic west coast of Turkey. The university offers over 60 degree programs at undergrad ... Read More