Haute-couture or mass brand, prepare to bring your designs to lifeStudy Parisian Fashion Design course in Berlin
The Bachelor in Fashion Design programme is designed to provide a complete overview of fashion design blending extensive practical learning into the creatively intensive courses. The programme is offered in partnership with Atelier Chardon Savard, one of the top five fashion schools in France. The trailblazing partnership between hKDM University and Atelier Chardon Savard brings together the best of Paris and Berlin, the two leading fashion capitals of the world. The practice-oriented programme with French flair is taught at Atelier Chardon Savard in Kreuzberg, Berlin’s trendy district that buzzes with creative people and companies. You will learn not only the subjects related to fashion design, but also methods, strategies and soft skills that will help you gain a foothold in all areas of design and fashion business.
- French styled studies with fashion insiders
- State-recognized hKDM University bachelor's degree*
- Wide international network in the fashion world
- Experienced professors and lecturers from the fashion industry
- Practice-oriented programme with practical study projects
- Good career opportunities through internship at the end of studies * The course is already in accreditation.
Here is a sneak peek into what awaits you:
- Shaping, draping, sketching
- Color theory and textile technology
- Fashion and art history
- Fashion design, cutting, processing techniques, textile design
- Collection development, fashion illustration
- Fashion trends, analysis
- Digital communication
- Practical projects, in-depth practice reference through company co-operation
See your designs on the catwalk
Have you been fantasizing about seeing your designs on the catwalk? If so, live your fantasy during the annual fashion show in the summer semester. This is the main highlight of the year when students can present their haute-couture designs which they have worked on throughout the year. Feel the goose bumps on your arms as the models display your designs for the first time to a real live audience.
During the course of the studies there are also possibilities to attend workshops in Freiburg or Paris and to make contact with company representatives directly at each location. Taking part in joint projects with students from the Paris or Nantes locations is also possible and there are also opportunities to spend a semester on either French campus.
ATELIER CHARDON SAVARD CATWALK SHOW
Your career prospects
The practice-oriented programme paves the way for a successful career in various areas such as fashion, design, lifestyle, art, trends and visualization. Some possible job positions for graduates are:
- Designer for fashion companies and labels
- Designer at publishing houses, galleries or editorial offices
- Stylist in the film, television or theater business
- Trend-scout for media, art and interior design companies
- Art director for design and photo agencies
- Fashion writer and illustrator for magazines and publishers
- A self employed fashion designer
- A certified secondary education certificate (i.e. High School Diploma, GCSE, O-level). School leaving certificates must be officially approved as being equivalent, where necessary.
- A recognized certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL with at least 71 out of 120 points or IELTS, at least 5 out of 9).
- Online admission interview.
- Online assessment (consists of 3 creative tasks).
Applicants without a certified secondary education certificate (entrance qualification for Universities/Universities of Applied Sciences) or equal qualification and tertiary education certificates, may be admitted after having proven their particular artistic talent on a further online interview via Skype.
How to Apply
Step 1: Free Admission Check for international applicants
Before submitting the application documents, applicants can contact the Student Advisory Service firstname.lastname@example.org and request an assessment of their academic certificates to find out whether they meet the requirements or not.
Step 2: Submit Full Application
Submit your application with all required documents by email email@example.com. The application pack should include a portfolio together with a sworn statement in which you confirm that you have worked on your work samples by yourself and without any help.
Step 3: Artistic Tasks (online) and Admission Interview (online)
After review of the application documents by Atelier Chardon Savard, successful applicants will be contacted and will be invited to an online assessment and an admission interview.
Tuition Fees and Finance
The fashion design course is officially accredited* but not funded by the German state. Therefore, a study fee of 3,900 EUR will be charged per semester.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2017