BA in English Language and Literature provides students with particular knowledge and skills in English language teaching and pedagogy, as well as linguistics and English-American world literature- each focus on different learning outcomes, but all can be applied to the wider market of language teaching and education.
Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Languages and Literature (English, French, German) offers students the possibility to achieve high proficiency in foreign languages. The program is aimed at developing analytical and critical thinking skills in the scope of foreign language teaching methodology and pedagogy. The program focuses on the study of literature and linguistics in the mentioned languages, correspondingly. BA in Foreign Languages and Literature ensures deep knowledge of linguistic and intercultural spheres. Concurrently, the faculty attaches great importance to the development of communication skills, fostering plurilingual and pluricultural education.
The skills and experience students develop during the education degree prepare them for a range of careers working with children, young learners, and students.
Jobs related to the degree include:
- Language teachers in primary, secondary and high schools
- Language instructors
- Communication specialists
The best students also get permanent jobs in the EIU partner institutions.
The student also has an option to take part in interdisciplinary programs (Internal Dual Degree, Minor) and differentiate herself/himself in the labor market. With excellent language skills the students may also start a career in Project management, Internet Marketing, etc. See the list of internal Dual Degrees and Minor programs below.
Majors and Minors
- Foreign Languages and Literature
BA Disciplinary Minors
- Literature (areas of concentration include international literature, film studies, cultural theory, and creative writing)
- Communication Studies (Rhetoric, Nonverbal communication/intercultural communication, Public speaking, Speechwriting, mass communication)
BA Interdisciplinary Minors
- Project Management
- Human Resources Management
- Hospitality Management
- Event Management
- Internet Marketing and Advertising
Internal Dual Degree Program
What is an Internal Dual Degree?
- The student may simultaneously study in two departments and earn two separate qualifications upon graduation.
- There is a number of shared credits for all majors, which help the students to reduce the workload during the studies in two separate degrees.
Internal Dual Degree programs on offer at EIU
- Management and Foreign Languages\
- Law and Foreign Languages
- Pharmacy and Foreign Languages
About the School
The university proper, EIU, provides education on the three levels of National Qualification Framework of the Republic of Armenia: Bachelor’s (VI level), Master’s (VII level), Researcher (Scientific D ... Read More