Studying economics at the ZUT Faculty of Economics, you will learn how to make efficient economic decisions and solve economic problems. You will acquire broad knowledge in economics and the functioning of an organization with the use of modern technologies. In the future, you can find employment in economic units
of business enterprises, in government and local government administration, in financial, insurance and consultancy institutions, real estate companies, in accounting and tax offices. In addition, the studies at the Faculty of Economics will prepare you to run your own business.
The studies in the economics of a general academic profile are of the first-degree and they have the form of full-time, day studies. The aim of education is for the student to acquire general knowledge in the field of social sciences, economics, and finance.
The graduate will acquire knowledge in the field of organization, operation, and financing of economic entities, differing by their organizational and legal forms.
The skills acquired will allow them to interpret independently the information contained in the entity’s financial statements. The graduate of this special field will be able to recognize the economic risk, credit risk included, to monitor and limit it. They will be able to work in the finance and accounting departments of various entities that conduct business, in advisory services, banks, and public finance sector entities, as well as, to undertake further education at the second-degree studies and to prepare independently for specialized exams in accounting.
The enrolment in the studies at the West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin is held from May until July for studies, starting from the winter semester.
Candidates for the first-degree studies are qualified on the basis of the presented secondary school-leaving certificate.
Enrolment in studies consists of several stages:
- Registration in the online registration platform.
- Initial verification of supporting documents to confirm previous education.
- Submission of a set of required documents.
- Confirmation of the results of the qualification.
The Online Registration Platform (ISR) is the first and necessary element of enrolment in higher education studies. Each candidate is required to register with the ISR in accordance with the schedule published for a given enrolment.
In the ISR, candidates fill in the information on:
- Personal data.
- School documents (secondary school leaving certificates, degrees, etc.) along with the grades being supplemented.
- For the programs taught in English, the candidate must present a document, confirming their knowledge of English at a minimum level of B2.
- Foreign documents about education.
- Foreign school leaving/degree certificates shall be properly legalized or provided with an apostille.
About the School
The West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin is a university linking the long-term tradition of the University of Agriculture in Szczecin and Szczecin University of Technology. Its education ... Read More