Transcultural Communication is a bachelor degree study field in the frame of study programme Humanities, organized in the full-time form of study.
Profile of graduates and their prospective employment:
The obtained competences:
- the ability to analyze various cultural phenomena, to understand them in a broader historical and social context
- understanding of culture; understanding of a man and consciousness of common human reciprocity
Employment of graduates:
- public institutions–state and local authorities
- non-profit and charitable organizations
- media and mass media
- cultural facilities
- educational facilities
- Duration: 3 years (= 6 semesters/terms)
- Language: English
- Price per semester: 1800 EUR
Organization of studies:
Autumn/Winter term: 13 weeks from 3rd week of September + examination period
Spring/Summer term: 13 weeks from 2nd week of February + examination period
For more information concerning the study field, please, contact:
Mgr. Veronika Halamová
University of Hradec Králové
Faculty of Education, Department of Cultural and Religious Studies
Application deadline: 31st March (for starting studies in September)
Applicants have to send:
- filled-in application form (https://www.uhk.cz/en-GB/PDF-international-students/Degree-programmes) to the e-mail email@example.com
- a copy of their certificate of completing the secondary-level of education translated into English and verified by a notary,
- a letter of motivation in English (3600 letters),
Curriculum Vitae focusing the study field
The extent and contents of the entrance examination:
- a written letter of motivation* is required:
*Applicants are supposed to present their interest in studying in the Czech Republic as well as their professional interest in Transcultural Communication in particular in a letter of motivation in which the following questions are supposed to be answered:
- Why do I want to go to study to the Czech Republic?
- Why do I want to go to study Transcultural Communication?
- What do I expect from the Studies?
Overall evaluation of the results of the entrance examination is expressed quantitatively by using the point evaluation.
- no additional entrance tests will be administered,
- no oral examination.
Maximum possible rating: 100 points
Minimum boundary for admission: 50 points
All documents must be sent to the address of the International Relations Office:
University of Hradec Králové,
Faculty of Education, International Relations Office,
500 03 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
and to the e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: We recommend to the applicants to prepare for the process of notification of secondary education (by the recognition authority in the Czech Republic); This notification is required for the matriculation.
Program taught in: