Playing a Musical Instrument and Solo Singing Focused on Education is a bachelor degree study field in the frame of study programme Specialization in Pedagogy, organized in the form of double-subject-studies (available only in combination with the study field “Music Culture Focused on Education”) in the full-time form of study.
Profile of graduates and their prospective employment:
Graduates have acquired the knowledge of the elementary theory and practical skills of playing the chosen instrument(piano, organ and violin) or of solo singing. They have also gained professional knowledge of the history and repertoire of the chosen instrument/solo singing. They are prepared for studying the Master's degree programme “Playing a Musical Instrument and Solo Singing Focused on Teaching at Basic Artistic Schools”.
- Duration: 3 years (= 6 semesters/terms)
- Language: English
- Price per semester: 2000 EUR
Organization of studies:
Autumn/Winter term: 13 weeks from 3rd week of September + examination period
Spring/Summer term: 13 weeks from 2nd week of February + examination period
For more information concerning the study field, please, contact:
Doc. Michal Chrobák, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doc. PhDr. MgA. František Vaníček, Ph.D., e-mail: email@example.com
University of Hradec Králové
Faculty of Education, Department of Music
Application deadline: 31st March (for starting studies in September)
- Completing secondary school studies: the applicant must provide a certificate to prove that.
- The applicant is supposed to have a high level of voice performance or an advanced level of piano(organ) or violin playing.
- The applicant is supposed to provide a letter of motivation: his/her qualifications, instrumental/voice level, achievements, study motivations and expectations should be included.
Applicants have to send:
- filled-in application form (https://www.uhk.cz/en-GB/PDF-international-students/Degree-programmes) to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,
- a copy of their certificate of completing the secondary-level of education translated into English and verified by a notary,
- a letter of motivation in English (min. 3600 letters).
Curriculum Vitae focusing the study field
Portfolio of the performances
The extent and contents of the entrance examination: A written letter of motivation is required, no additional entrance tests will be administered, no oral examination.
Maximum possible rating: 100 points
Minimum boundary for admission: 50 points
All documents must be sent to the address of the International Relations Office:
Ing. Petra Nosková
University of Hradec Králové,
Faculty of Education, International Relations Office,
50003 Hradec Kralove,Czech Republic
and to the e-mail:email@example.com
Important: We recommend to the applicants to prepare for the process of notification of secondary education (by the recognition authority in the Czech Republic); This notification is required for the matriculation.
Program taught in: