Marketing plays a key role in the success of any organisation. It is not just about advertising and selling, but also a process of creating value for customers and building customer relationships.
The BA Marketing programme will provide you with the knowledge, skills, business awareness, and confidence that will enable you to succeed in marketing and the wider business world. By learning how firms identify their target markets, position their products, and satisfy their customers' needs through a range of marketing strategies, you will learn to appreciate the nature of marketing and the important role it plays in creating a competitive advantage for an organisation.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation.
The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritative and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
Why Should I Study Marketing at XJLTU?
- International Business School Suzhou provides a truly international learning environment through our culturally diverse academic staff and student profile
- We adopt a combined Western and Eastern teaching style and employ a range of innovative teaching and learning methods such as student-led seminars and business simulations
- We offer opportunities to meet industry experts and learn from real-world marketing activities inside and outside the classroom
- You will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA Marketing programme, you will be able to:
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of marketing theories and consumer behaviour
- develop a professional marketing plan for business clients
- apply a range of marketing tools and techniques to critically address specific business situations
- apply a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods to make informed marketing decisions
- develop and practice a range of intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills that are relevant to marketing and business
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Our marketing graduates are represented at leading national and international companies working in positions such as marketing consultants, brand managers, marketing research analysts, and media planners. Alternatively, some graduates take a different path and progress on to postgraduate study, notably at prestigious UK institutions.
Entry into Year One
We welcome applications from high-quality candidates in all subjects with appropriate high school or equivalent qualifications. Students will normally be expected to have a high standing in their high school performance with a minimum ‘B’ average in all subjects as well as relevant subjects.
Entry into Year Two
Students who have completed A-levels or International Baccalaureate (or equivalent) will be considered for entry into Year Two, different programmes have different subject-relevant requirements.
- A-level: BBB
- IB Diploma: 30 points
- Advanced Placement Tests/Subject SATS--High school diploma with a GPA of 3.0 or above, plus:
- Redesigned SAT: 1280+ (students that took the SATs previous to 2016 will require 1800+) or ACT: 27, and 2 AP examinations: 4+ or 2 SAT subject tests: 600+ or